question for grayracer513

I've been using Amsoil MCF in my 2007 YZ450F and its kind of a pain to get my hands on unless I order it. My question is would the Mobil 1 V-Twin oil work as good as Amsoil or does it have to be Mobil 1 4T MC Race oil. The reason I ask is because I can get the Mobil 1 V-twin oil at Advance Auto.

Yes. Except for the fact that I don't think you need a 50 wt oil except in the warmest part of the year, V-Twin is an excellent oil. Kind of pricey compared to ordering Amsoil, though, isn't it?

Yes. Except for the fact that I don't think you need a 50 wt oil except in the warmest part of the year, V-Twin is an excellent oil. Kind of pricey compared to ordering Amsoil, though, isn't it?

Im paying about $8 dollars a bottle for Amsoil and I'm not sure how much the Mobil 1 is. Its about 30 to 40 degrees here now when I ride so I'm sure 50 wt is to thick. I did'nt know you could'nt get Mobil 1 V-Twin in 10W40. I guess I should stick to ordering Amsoil. Thanks gray...:moon:

Ok so I called Advance and they do cary Mobil 1 racing 4T oil. It cost $10 a bottle so its $2 a bottle more but very convenient. One more question, is it not good to change back and forth with the two if I need oil in a pinch.

No problem changing between them. I would have recommended Racing 4T if I'd known you had access to it. It's what I'd be using if I couldn't get MCF.

I use MCF until late June or so, then switch to MCV (20w-50) until October.

Far from it being a hassle to order, I buy my MCF and MCV direct from Amsoil 4 gallon jugs at a time and have it delivered directly to me. It's actually a lot simpler than trying to keep track of retail sources of Mobil 1, and less expensive, too.

where do u order it from grau?