HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ReedRulz

question for grayracer513

6 posts in this topic

I've been using Amsoil MCF in my 2007 YZ450F and its kind of a pain to get my hands on unless I order it. My question is would the Mobil 1 V-Twin oil work as good as Amsoil or does it have to be Mobil 1 4T MC Race oil. The reason I ask is because I can get the Mobil 1 V-twin oil at Advance Auto.

Yes. Except for the fact that I don't think you need a 50 wt oil except in the warmest part of the year, V-Twin is an excellent oil. Kind of pricey compared to ordering Amsoil, though, isn't it?

Yes. Except for the fact that I don't think you need a 50 wt oil except in the warmest part of the year, V-Twin is an excellent oil. Kind of pricey compared to ordering Amsoil, though, isn't it?

Im paying about $8 dollars a bottle for Amsoil and I'm not sure how much the Mobil 1 is. Its about 30 to 40 degrees here now when I ride so I'm sure 50 wt is to thick. I did'nt know you could'nt get Mobil 1 V-Twin in 10W40. I guess I should stick to ordering Amsoil. Thanks gray...:moon:

Ok so I called Advance and they do cary Mobil 1 racing 4T oil. It cost $10 a bottle so its $2 a bottle more but very convenient. One more question, is it not good to change back and forth with the two if I need oil in a pinch.

No problem changing between them. I would have recommended Racing 4T if I'd known you had access to it. It's what I'd be using if I couldn't get MCF.

I use MCF until late June or so, then switch to MCV (20w-50) until October.

Far from it being a hassle to order, I buy my MCF and MCV direct from Amsoil 4 gallon jugs at a time and have it delivered directly to me. It's actually a lot simpler than trying to keep track of retail sources of Mobil 1, and less expensive, too.