rejetted with obeln.

I have been reading posts from this site all winter and decided to try to rejet my 2002 426. This past weekend I put a obeln needle in it on clip 3 and left everything else stock. I also put a p-38 cover on it that a guy from work gave me. I noticed a big difference on how the bike runs, it seems to rev quicker and was a rocket as I ripped through the gears. I didn't feel any missing anywhere and it did not pop.

My question is when I pulled my plug after ridding it twice, it was black. Before I did the rejetting, I would pull the plug and it would be really wet and black, now it really wasn't wet, but just black. I was wondering what part of the carb should I concentate on to lean it up some, pilot, neddle or main. I have never seen my plug look anything else but black since I have owned the bike. I would think that if I could get the plug tan it would be running at its peak. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I ride in Michigan, around 1000ft, this past weekend was around 60 degrees.