HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DP9

I need some help

6 posts in this topic

I have a 08 WR 450 and I just clipped the gray wire and took off the throttle stop, but now my bike boggs out. I have to keep the eons way up for it not to happen. Does anyone have any Solution for me???

Did you "clip" the correct gray wire? FYI most of us just remove the wire from the plug. It is located behind the left side # plate. DO NOT just remove the throttle stop! The stock one needs to be cut to YZ specs or buy one for a YZ. Without the stop in place the throttle can stick in the full throttle position! NOT GOOD!

I replaced the throttle stop with the yz pin. And the gray wire, I did get the one under the seat. Unplugged it and taped it eliminating any connections

I have a 08 WR 450 and I just clipped the gray wire and took off the throttle stop, but now my bike boggs out. I have to keep the eons way up for it not to happen. Does anyone have any Solution for me???

Did you rejet the bike too? The very lean stock jetting could be the culprit.

No I haven't but it will be my next move. Thanks for the insight

If you ride around sea level and have a stock exhaust I would start with the following jetting.

165 Main

4th Clip on the needle

45 Pilot

1.5 turns out on the fuel screw.

Good luck and report back to us.