HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kev94mx

first 2001 have came in

2 posts in this topic

I went looking at bikes today and the first shipment of 2001 426s have came in. The bike looks good. I am tring to find the best deal and most dealers want come off of list price. They are going quick!!

Kev- I'd bet you are right since the 2nd year of such a great bike is probably the best time to buy. I bought mine ('00) in June and by then the few that were left were going much cheaper than earlier in the year. I was re-building a YZ250 when I bought mine and was really waiting for the release of the 250F, but while buying parts for the project about once a week for a couple months I made it a point to try and haggle the shop owner down on this 426 that had been sitting there the whole time. Eventually to my surprise he came down to a price I couldn't turn down. Needless to say, I sold the 250 project and I've never been sorry about not waiting for the 250F. I really don't need this much of a bike, but still I'm not sorry I have it. It will be interesting to watch and listen as the 250F's start rolling but it looks like Yamaha has another hit there...

Mike