HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rhino

XR600 - Tire Sizes

4 posts in this topic

Need a DOT approved tire for my thumper and I was looking at the Kenda Trakmaster.

Anyone know if the Kenda Trakmaster II (K760) 120/110x18 will fit on my '94 xr600r, the guy at RockyMountainMC.com said it takes a 110/100x18, but I think that's just the stock tire recommendation, can't you run a size bigger (or is that asking for trouble). :D

I know different tire brands use different sizing so I thought I would ask. Isn't the first number tread width and the second number sidewall height, or is it the aspect ratio (or is that for car/truck tires)??? :)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks...

That tire will fit with no problems what-so-ever. You can run a 140/80-18 if you wish. As far as I know the second number is the aspect ratio, but I could be wrong.

Ryan

First number is tread width in milimeters, the second is percentage of height to width. So, a 110/100 is also 110 milimeters high. I like to use a 120/100 size in the desert because it is about as tall a sidewall as you can get. I am highly interested in the Michelin Baja DOT legal. It's available in a 140/80 size!

The Baja rear tire is a great tire. I us it all the time on long desert rides.