HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blue...ByeU

Best DOT Tire Today

14 posts in this topic

Lets hear your input regarding this issue. I have tried the Pirelli MT21 and I am not overly impressed as some of the reviewers in the mags. I have my first Kenda TrackmasterII on right now and have noticed that it seems susceptable to chunking. I run on pavement 30% only to get to certain trails if I don't feel like hauling or to go gas up. Would like to know if any others are worth trying?

Forgot to add - mostly soft and sandy conditions in my local riding area. Thanks to all that reply.

Hear me now and believe me later...

Tera-Flex : Tread Pattern II

They are BIG, made by the same company who makes "Super Swampers", they are DOT, cost about $60.00 per, and work well in mud, soft and hard pack, do not chunk and are pretty damn unique.

I am on my third one, and the back of my WZ will see no other tire...

Sorry guys, still struggeling a little bit with my English language :D:)...what do you guys mean by "chunking"? :D

Thank you :D

I sometimes run up to 20 miles round trip of road to get to trails where I do 30 mile dirt loops. I run an S-12 rear M12 front in the winter. As long as you dont hammer the throttle on the street they will last a good 500 miles. (Note, I only do dual sport a few times a month so maybe only 100 miles of that is street) What I will be running this summer is a Maxxis IT. It hooks up in the soft and wears great, even on pavement. Good summer tire combo and CHEAP. Dont run the S-12 if you ride street daily. It will not last. :)

Right off of that web site. I honestly think that is the only place you can get them.

I just ordered the Kenda Trackmaster II yesterday. What are you finding is the useable life on the Tera-Flex? What percentage of use is on and off road?

This is where it gets pretty subjective.... :)

I ride probably 30% on and 70% off. In that, most all of the wear will come from the on-road experience.

Having said that, I will get well over 1,500 miles before changing out a tire. Yes, it will definately be ready to change at that point, but it will STILL be giving decent traction. These tires wear equivalent to a Dunlop D606, just give way better traction.

I saw the rear tire size, but did not see the front. are you running something different in the front, or did I just miss it?

Did you mount that Tera-Flex yourself or give someone else the privilege? :)

I self-mounted that Flex.

Warmed up the tire with a hair dryer as I was pulling the old tire off, and it mounted right up. The sidewalls are not as stiff as other tires, and it really mounted with out issue.