HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SEB416

Woodrufkey broken in Desert

4 posts in this topic

I'm just comming from a 3 days desert rally, 600 miles, and guess what..wodrufkey broken when elect. starting in the middle of a stream. 3 hours to take my bike out and 6 hours charged to my race account. Yamaha mec team that fixed it in a rush, told me that they are receiving hardened keys from Japan..anyone knows about it?

My friend rode his about 9 miles and his broke. Local dealer had one made at a Automotive Plant that supplies parts to all the big car makes. I heard they are on back order till July... I certainly hope not! Try a local machine shop they might be able to hook you up.

Sorry to hear you had the woodruff key go at the worst possible time. Murphy is alive and well. :)

TBH I really cant see where a harder key is going to help. Unless its totally designed not to break, and in that case why even have it there?