Dakar 2010

Team Rally Pan AM:thumbsup:

Despite the fact they are running a KTM 690, it is piloted by our very own Eastern Washington Badass, Jonah Street... continues to run top 10 O/A, he will start to turn it up a notch. He has won stages in the past but a mechanical failure and broken wrist have forced early withdrawls.... 2010 will be his year.:moon:

Jonah Street

:moon::worthy::cheers::worthy:

Jonah Street better podium this year so I can give him a big congrats at the Desert 100. And drool over his bike.:moon:

Fretigne is 2 hours back, hope Helder can get a podium for Yamaha....Freitgne came 3rd last year on his WR...beating a load of 690s that were unrestricted

Are the WR's running in the rally still 2trac models?

Are the WR's running in the rally still 2trac models?

I don't believe so.

I would like to know what gearing they are running on the WR's????

I would like to know what gearing they are running on the WR's????

I bet its 14/50....they can still do 90 plus and work the tight stuff with all that weight but I could be wrong

I bet its 14/50....they can still do 90 plus and work the tight stuff with all that weight but I could be wrong

Bigcoop, where did you get the graphics?

14/50-51 is what I was thinking after watching the first 5 stages. The few shots I saw of Fretigne looked like he was getting good low end pull coming out the corners. So it can't be much taller than that.

15/48 gearing :moon:

15/48 gearing :cheers:

not on a new aluminum framed bike were the primary reduction ratio was dropped...ie stock on the front counter was 14 until 07 and then it was 13.

trust me with all the weight those bikes are hauling they are not higher than a 14/50 :moon:

I tried to google Fretignes bike but cant get any close pics.

Id like to know if he is using an oil cooler. Actually id like to find out his whole set up.

Australian safari bikes are supposedly running a 15 /47 sprocket set up to top out at 170kph.

I tried to google Fretignes bike but cant get any close pics.

Id like to know if he is using an oil cooler. Actually id like to find out his whole set up.

Australian safari bikes are supposedly running a 15 /47 sprocket set up to top out at 170kph.

If you have all the R&D available to you, why would you not run an oil cooler? I can tell you they are running something. Ive got the pictures here somewhere and ill post them later.

15/47 ? would that be on the pre 07 bikes?

AllradWR2.jpg

Wr_neu_1.jpg

Wr_neu_2.jpg

more pix here

on the 07 + bikes

Those fuel cells are artwork.

that cylinder you see on the motor was for the 2wd system.. no longer using it..

these bikes are awesome ... I wonder how many times that switch motors during the rally or if some riders can do the entire rally on the same motor?

Regardless a great testament to durability of the WR450F motor.