WR426 with blow engine worth...

Heres the story, I have a YZ426 that I love, but recently I have been craving more. I am a big dual sport rider, but I want something smaller and lighter than my KTM 950 ADV, but still able to connect the trails by hopping on the road, and having decent lighting at night. So I have been looking at all sorts of new bikes, Husky TE510, KTM, even a Beta.

Tonight I realize that I have a friend with a blown up WR426, same year as my YZ. It dropped a valve and has been sitting for over a year now. So why not take the top end and my reworked suspension off the YZ and combine it with his WR, giving me a sweet little road legal dirtbike? I talked this over with my friend, and he is all for the idea, but I have no idea what to offer him for the bike. The WR is in pretty nice condition, fluidyne radiators and a few other nice bits, but obviously isn't going to be in running condition anytime soon. So I would be interested in what you lot think would be a fair price. Should I get him drunk and offer $500? :moon:

Have you checked out the top end yet? Better give it a real good look. I bought a blown WR and turns out it had a bad piston, 5 bent valves, the holed piston and the loose parts banged up the cylinder. New cylinder, piston, valves, head work, bottom end. If I had known I probably wouldn`t have bought it. All those new parts cost a bundle. But on the positive side I now have a rebuilt motor that`s gonna run for a long time, and I love this bike. Great bike

Actually not sure if the motor grenading caused that problem, but it had way too much end play. This is all funny cause I wanted a Yamaha cause they are so reliable. And I know they are I just got one of those wonderful ones i guess. But snce the rebuild things have been awesome, and I do some fairly long desert rides so it`s important the bike stays together.

Will probably rebuild the yz at some point and use it as a loaner/give it to my dad to ride. Depends on how much I have to take off of it to get the WR going, if its going to be the whole jug it might be a while until I feel like spending that money.