HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
adamwagar

WR450 Magic in the Woods

14 posts in this topic

The WR450 is the best single line trail-bike I've owned. Super stable. Goes exactly where you point it. Perfect low-end power. I can't believe how good this 450cc bike works in the woods. :)

It is one nimble motha'! Makes mine feel like a XR600. :)

Hoss

Best trail machine I have owned too. A little tall at the seat, but otherwise awesome! :D:):D

I just broke mine in yesterday at Buena Vista, CO (Malcolm Smith's stomping ground)Two CR250's were ahead of me most of the way as I was taking it easy and they were racing. They never really got too far ahead of me though! I've owned the 2001 and 2002 WR and the 2003 is by far the best. Still working on the jetting, but getting close. :)

yep....this bike is great , all the way around. i road single track on saturday, and a dual sport loop on sunday at the rites of spring . still starts weird with the button though, sometimes it fires right up, and sometimes it wont. always starts right up , with the kicker .

the bike has great low end, and screams when you want it to, and it feels about 100 lbs. lighter than my XR did. :)

It is magic in the woods. But if you raise the forks 15 mm in the triple clamps it becomes amazing in handling the tight woods too. :)

i was out yesterday with a XR650 and a DRZ400.they were both watching my back side.well at first through the trails they were infront but they knew the trails after a little while i was in the lead.

You got that right, first time out today and this bike rules. Wanted to get a KTM for the woods when I was riding my 426 with my buddy and his 400 KTM and we switched. Today we switched and he wanted the 450. It actually blew me away how much better it is than the 426. GOOD work YAMAHA :D:)

The WR450 is the best bike i have ridden in along time. I just traded in my 92 WR500 two stroke which was quite a handfull in the tight woods.The WR450 feels so smooth in comparison its just an awesome bike :):D

It is one nimble motha'! Makes mine feel like a XR600. :ride:

Hoss

Nimble? You're kidding right!

Compared to the XR600 I'm sure it is, but nimble IMO it most definetly is not.

Nimble? You're kidding right!

Compared to the XR600 I'm sure it is, but nimble IMO it most definetly is not.

Jeez, you just dredged up a 7 year old thread!

Bored:busted:?

Jeez, you just dredged up a 7 year old thread!

Bored:busted:?

Oops, I better hurry back to KTM Talk :ride: