Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GrogF16

2010 Stalling in corners

10 posts in this topic

My 2010 stalls coming out of a slow corner on occasion. Once it does, I can not get it to bump start exiting the corner and it will just compression break to a stop. 1). How do I fix this without finding a new map (I am currently running stock map)? 2). Is there something about an EFI that won't allow it to bump start?

The short answer is yes, there is something about EFI that won't make it easy to bump start like you mentioned.

If your stalling in corners adjust your riding style. You COULD adjust the idle speed up a bit but don't become that guy whose bike sounds like it's always running at 1/2 throttle even while sitting on the starting line.

The short answer is yes, there is something about EFI that won't make it easy to bump start like you mentioned.
Somehow, I doubt that.

If the bike stalls coming out of slow corners, the most likely casue is that you are in too high a gear. One of the things that happens with the YZF auto decompression system is that if the engine comes to a stop against the compression stroke abruptly enough, the decompression pin will still be retracted when the engine stops, and in that case, it will be trapped in that position. Kicking or bumping from that point without first rolling the engine backwards to free the decomp pin is nearly impossible regardless of the fuel system used.

The '10 uses the same internal ratios as the '06+ models, but comes with higher secondary gearing (13/48 vs. the older 13/49). If the problem persists, try:

Going faster

Using low gear

Gear the bike lower.

My 2010 stalls coming out of a slow corner on occasion. Once it does, I can not get it to bump start exiting the corner and it will just compression break to a stop. 1). How do I fix this without finding a new map (I am currently running stock map)? 2). Is there something about an EFI that won't allow it to bump start?

Pull in the clutch and give it a little gas before you let out the clutch.

I switched back to the Yamaha this year. I had the same flame-out/stall problem with the 09 Honda in slow corners. I found pulling in the clutch and reving the engine worked best to keep it running. I haven't experience this problem with the new Yamaha. Seems to be a lot stronger down low than the 09 Honda. Reklus should solve this problem, it will let the engine rev at low rpm with less drag.