Turn signals/brake lights/horns and enduro trails....

Do all of you who ride primarily on singletrack and have a street legal bike have problems keeping this stuff working?

I have ridden my bike 4 times and have broke the headlight twice, crushed the horn, and lost my brake light pressure switch. I've only had one decent crash too. I'm not going to install the turn signals right now b/c I don't think they would make it 20 miles.

Am I dreaming that I'm going to be able to keep this stuff functioning all the time? Nothing seems to last long on our trail rides. Maybe I'll just take it all off and just put it on before the rides I need it on.

LOL.... actually i have no problems.....

I've had my bike go sliding pretty far with out me on it a few times too.......

i use flush mount turn signals... before this bike... i was riding an xr400 offroad and before that was a drz400....I bought a squeegie from lowes and cut the rubber to make mounts for my turnsignals and they never broke....

here is a picture...

http://panaman.org/gallery/albums/album19/Picture_030.sized.jpg

as for my headlight... i have never busted one.... never even cracked one... call me lucky... my DRZ400 has a large glass one too.. and I never busted it..... but I tend to go around the trees and not run straight into them.....

as for your horn.. i mount mine behind the headlight... so i have no idea how you crushed yours... do you mount yours to your hand guards?????

Your brake light pressure switch????? never lost one of those before.. hehehe... its behind your boot

Does all your stuff work?

Horn was mounted behind headlight, which hit a tree, which all got crushed upwards and compressed the computer into the top triple clamp. The light (glass part) itself is ok, the shell and brackets plus the mounting brackets on the bike all got crushed. I was able to reshape it all pretty good and using rivets and some 3/4" wide straping get it all back together. Horn is trashed.

Brake switch isn't lost, just doesn't work. Connections are all good, wires loose, not super tight.

Does all your stuff work?

Horn was mounted behind headlight, which hit a tree, which all got crushed upwards and compressed the computer into the top triple clamp. The light (glass part) itself is ok, the shell and brackets plus the mounting brackets on the bike all got crushed. I was able to reshape it all pretty good and using rivets and some 3/4" wide straping get it all back together. Horn is trashed.

Brake switch isn't lost, just doesn't work. Connections are all good, wires loose, not super tight.

yeah all my stuff works....

I would think that if anything stops working it will be my horn...

just because its not a real horn...doubt it is water proof.... its a siren from radio shack that costs 5 bucks...... but its super tiny

here is a link to it

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062405

also.. just curious... if your headlight hit a tree... what did your face hit?