HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kikkokrash

Stator Assy WR450F the same as WR250F?

3 posts in this topic

Hi, in August 09 I have bought in USA a Stator Assy for my WR450F 2003.

The Yamaha Part No. was 5UM-81410-00-00 but the description when I shopped on-line was WR250F.

When I have received the parcel and replaced the old stator Assy with the new one I have found that it had a shorter cable. However, my mechanic had adapted it.

Since that I have quite a lot of Electrical issues in my WR, does anyone know if the Stator Assy of the WR450F is the same (apart from the shorter cable) of the WR250F?

Thank you.

Kikko

it seems a lot of parts suppliers will supply either incorrect or superceded parts, especially to international customers.

It pays to check the parts fiches before buying

check here

www.dirtbikestuff.com.au and go to the section 'Find Parts' and confirm which is the correct part.

They only supply the correct part and the latest update for the part direct from japan...where they are made

it seems a lot of parts suppliers will supply either incorrect or superceded parts, especially to international customers.

It pays to check the parts fiches before buying

check here

www.dirtbikestuff.com.au and go to the section 'Find Parts' and confirm which is the correct part.

They only supply the correct part and the latest update for the part direct from japan...where they are made

Thanks Bluebike, infact the right Part Number is 5TJ-81410-00-00.

When I ordered the Stator Assy I didn't have the Part Number Catalogue, so I went through the WR450F fiches (given by the on-line shop) but it ended up to be a Sator Assy of the WR250F...

However, it seems that the only difference is the shorter cable, as a friend of mine this morning checked with the tester the Ohm, and it seems to work properly.

I eventually find the electrical issue. As you might know the Electrical Starting System of the MY 2003 needed to be upgraded with >2004, I did that thanks to TT (I followed the instruction and the partlist to purchase), after destroing a couple of stator assys, a Crancase Cover, and a Regulator/Rectifier.

I bought all parts OEM but the Regulator/Rectifier. This morning we realized that the Electrical issues are caused from the Regulator/Rectifier wich is aftermarket...:moon:

Better late than sorry..