ASV clutch perch and lever on the 2010

I know that is on the limits, but mine with the cable ajust all the way out I was able make it fit . but the problem is when clutch will begin use will there be enough to continue running it . use a pry barre to help you having enough slack to enter the cable in your perch .

I ordered the ASV levers however, they have not showed up yet. Is the fit enough of a problem that I should return them and try the Sunlines?

Not sure! I am contacting ASV today to see what they have to say! At this point it is not rideable. The lever is pretty tight I think with a little machining I can get it to work but I want to see what ASV says first. There new perch and lever with a hot start has three bearings and a cool adjuster, so I took off the hot start and put on a rotator clamp! Its real sweet! now if I only can get some slack??????

Talked with ASV about this and they have barrel extensions for more slack and they are FREE, just contact them and they will ship em to ya, good luck and here's their number, 714-861-1400

When is and how does a barrel extension work? Not sure what you mean?

not sure myself, i got one on the way, just told them not enough slack in cable and they brought up the barrel extensions for that reason to repair problem, may want to call and get better details

I just spoke with them and they said the barrel extension is for too much slack! I am not sure what is going on! they also said that I may need to cut the cable jacket and shorten it. I will have to look at it tonight!

Ok heres the deal, the 09 cable is different so it will not work on the 2010! What I had to do is cut 1/2" off of the cable jacket off on the bike side of the adjuster (the side towards the throttle at the adjuster) and it works perfect! Now we really should not have to do this but I really like the new ASV setup so i went ahead and did it anyways. (The new setup is thicker than the old setup I have both) You have to be very carful not to nick the cable itself, I did it with a dremal tool and took my time. You must remove the adjuster and the crimp on the inside of the adjuster but its not to hard just take your time!