Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nor-calYZ426

Water in oil

11 posts in this topic

02 yz426f gettin water in the oil. Drained the oil, put new oil in, refilled with coolent, ran bike for 3-4 minutes and all the coolent went into the oil. Bike runs fine, no loss in power, idles fine. Oil is milky white color. The guy i bought the bike from said water pump was just replaced. What do you guys think? Head gasket? waterpump?

sounds like the water pump . If it was the head gasket it would be hard to crank and have a wet plug lol mine did.:moon:

sounds like the water pump . If it was the head gasket it would be hard to crank and have a wet plug lol mine did.:moon:
The water pump can't do that, unless some "genius" decided to block off the coolant escape port.

The possibilities are:

• Head gasket
  • Base gasket and O-ring
  • O-ring at the right crankcase cover
  • Cracked cylinder
  • Cracked head

If the seals in the water pump go out it will pass water into the oil.:moon:

Sorry, it absolutely won't. There are two seals, one for coolant, and one for oil, with a gap between them connected to a port that leads straight down and out under the water pump. This is done specifically so that there is no chance of a leaking coolant seal contaminating your engine oil.

You can replace the water pump seals all you want, but it won't fix an oil contamination problem unless the case cover is leaking at the O-ring.

SealsLabeledsm.jpg?t=1262416827

I'm going try and find a diagram and see if changing the o ring helps. If that dont work it looks like I'm doing a head gasket. Thanks for the help

It will pass water into the oil if the shaft is f*** it will let water into the motor ive seen it first hand.

It will pass water into the oil if the shaft is f*** it will let water into the motor ive seen it first hand.
No, it will not. Sorry.

I MAY have found the problem. 1 of the 8mm case cover bolts is striped out right next to the O ring. Having that fixed in the morning and if it still gets coolant in the oil its a head gasket. I'll let ya know if thats the problem. Thanks guys