HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wes Woodin

Sprockets

9 posts in this topic

I'm trying to help my friend out. I bought a new 09YZ450f and went ahead and put GYTR front and rear sprockets. My friend just bought a awesome 2007 YZ250f. It needs front and rear sprockets. Will the sprockets from my 09 YZ450f fit the 07 YZ250F? It seems like it would but want to make sure before I get into it.

speaking of changing sprockets. What is the best way change the front? How do you hold it so you can get the nut off without putting it in gear and puttina a lot of stress on the internal gears.

The best way is to remove the nut while the chain is still on it, in neutral, using an impact wrench.

Failing that, the next best is to do everything as above except for the wrench, and either run a hammer handle or a piece of wood across the swing arm through the spokes, as near the rim as possible, or a stout dowel steel rod across the swing arm through a hole in the rear sprocket.

Thanks Gray, I will tell him to order one.

Sorry about the bad advice man! I just bought a new front for my 08 and I could of swore it said something like 01 and up 125/250/400/426/450 but I was obviously wrong. . .