Does anyone have a quickshot & Powerwing setup on there YZ450F 2009?

Does anyone have a Quickshot 3 & Powerwing setup on a YZ450F 2009?

Objective: Want to boost the low and mid range. Single trail riding style.

Current Settings on carb:

165 main

4Th clip on needle and the rest is stock settings.

Dr. D pipe full exhaust

51 tooth rear sprocket

Nothing else has been upgraded. No bogging or issues with the bike just want the low and mid to kick in like a donkey when I need it. Any feedback would be great. Thanks fellow riders!!

Save your money. No AP cover is gonna do anything that you cannot accomplish with just the oring mod and adjusting your AP squirt and leak jet. But if you want that hard hitting low end then go with the Athena Bigbore.

Sounds good. I'll try the spring and o-ring deal. Should I leave my specs listed above alone or would you recommend to make some adjustments.

Appreciate your feedback. Thanks everyone. Any other ideas, please share.

I am ready to go out tomorrow but I need to put her back together.

I have the oring mod, and AP squirt timed...stock clip position, PJ and LJ, MJ 165 with Pro Circuit exhaust. I live near sea level. Now I have only ridden it down the street since its new, but it has no bog and is definitely peppy.

Ok. How do you do the o-ring mod?

No bogging or issues with the bike just want the low and mid to kick in like a donkey when I need it. Any feedback would be great.
None of the suggested widget fixes are going to accomplish an improvement in low or mid range power, and you don't have a problem with throttle response to cure.

If you have replaced the exhaust and still don't have enough in the mid range, you'll be happier if you stick a set of '06 cams in the head and try a multi-map ignition box like a Vortex.

the bowl really does work my friend has it on his bike

Doesnt the stiffer AP spring mean you dont have to do the o-ring mod?

i have the spring and adjusted the squirt and i dont have any noticeable bog

Doesnt the stiffer AP spring mean you dont have to do the o-ring mod?
The two accomplish the same thing, but the O-ring is nearly free, and the spring is a real mechanically sound solution that won't break and foul the throttle linkage.

But neither will add low/mid power, which is what the OP asked for.

As Gray says, the AP mod (and the AP in general) will do nothing to help power as the sole purpose of the AP is to aid in acceleration.

Power/torque curve is a function of engine and exhaust design.

Inlet tract length

Exhaust header diameter and length

Cam duration and lift

Compression ratio

Ignition timing

Changing these can result in moving the power torque curve and shape.

The two accomplish the same thing, but the O-ring is nearly free, and the spring is a real mechanically sound solution that won't break and foul the throttle linkage.

But neither will add low/mid power, which is what the OP asked for.

I thought it wasn't necassary to do the Oring mod on the newer bikes? Mine is an 08 do you advise I do it?

The spring on the recent models (blue spring color) is stiffer than in the past but IMHO, still not stiff enough. The oring or the much stiffer Merge spring ensure positive action.

That said, if you do not have a bog, then there is nothing you need to do.

Thanks William1 I have no bog. . .so no problems!

That said, if you do not have a bog, then there is nothing you need to do.

Zackly