HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wes Woodin

Finally Started my 09 YZ450F

6 posts in this topic

Well After 1 month I just got my baseline jetting set and because I didn't have my Dr.D Pipe I do believe it was a little harder to start, but put on my stock pipe and let her rip. Now I don't have the front end on , due to springs being replaced, but had to fire it up. Now it hasn't been started since the factory. It took me about 20 kicks. Finally it hummed. I got the powerbowl hooked up, based on my previous settings, I went with a 165 Main, 52 Pilot, standard needle and clip, 2.25 turns on the leak jet and 1.25 on the fuel screw. Didn't want to blip the throttle too much but think once the pipe is installed it will be right. My dealer told me that UPS wasn't running tomorrow, so I called them and they were delivering only air. I would of figured if the pipe wasn't right, my dealer would have placed a call the distributor to have them send out a new pipe overnight. My dealer didn't even want to mess with it. I was dissapointed, especially as many bikes I'VE BOUGHT. Oh well. It will be next Wednesday before I get it all together. Peace.

You have had a new bike for a month and are still fiddling around with it ??? Jeez - I took mine from the dealer to the track (well stopped at the gas station). Plenty of time to screw with settings - after riding it.

You have had a new bike for a month and are still fiddling around with it ??? Jeez - I took mine from the dealer to the track (well stopped at the gas station). Plenty of time to screw with settings - after riding it.

Well I took it apart to grease it. I mean everything. I replaced the head bearing with the new style bearing with the seal, put on a pipe, did some carb mods, put on some GYTR components like front and rear sprockets, new chain Renthal r-1 works chain, Uni FIlter, breaking it in, will change the oil and install oil plug/magnetic, and will put on bars (Tag), tires, and grips.(Tag), Creative Racings Shark Fin, Blue shrouds and blue front fender, white rear end. Had to make sure the bike is right and torqued to spec before I launch it 110 feet.:moon::thumbsup::cheers::thumbsup:

I just got a 09 also and installed the full titanium dubach exhaust. I finished my jetting at 165 main, 48 pilot and fattened the needle 1 clip. Fuel screw is 2 turns out and jetting is absolutly perfect for KY this time of year. I rode today and it was 38 I think, I have ridden it also in the high 20's still perfect.

I've had mine a year now and had a WR Tranny fitted yesterday........wow......these machines are amazing. I'm sure you're gonna love it :-)

Well I took it apart to grease it. I mean everything. I replaced the head bearing with the new style bearing with the seal, put on a pipe, did some carb mods, put on some GYTR components like front and rear sprockets, new chain Renthal r-1 works chain, Uni FIlter, breaking it in, will change the oil and install oil plug/magnetic, and will put on bars (Tag), tires, and grips.(Tag), Creative Racings Shark Fin, Blue shrouds and blue front fender, white rear end. Had to make sure the bike is right and torqued to spec before I launch it 110 feet.:moon::thumbsup::cheers::thumbsup:

Saw pics in the other thread - looks great.