HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Race Face

07 handle bar clamps

5 posts in this topic

I need to replace my bent handle bar clamps on my 07 wr450. I bought some Pro Taper clamps but the bolt diameter was to big. Does anyone have advice or suggestions other than buying the OE?

Edited by Race Face

If you want to use the Pro Taper mounts, just drill out the holes on the stock top clamp to facilitate the larger bolts. This is provided that the bolts aren't too much larger.

What size are we talking here?

Ya, I thought about that, just didn't know if that would be the right thing to do. But it would have saved me some money. I was told there isn't any aftermarket clamps for this bike. ??? So i just ordered the OE clamps. Thanks for the reply.

Ya, I thought about that, just didn't know if that would be the right thing to do. But it would have saved me some money. I was told there isn't any aftermarket clamps for this bike. ??? So i just ordered the OE clamps. Thanks for the reply.

other option would have been to go to a hardware store (like a real hardware/fastener specialty store) and buy bolts of the correct length, diameter, threading, etc... Acklands Grainger has never let me down. :moon:

or asked around... I would have mailed you my OEM clamps cheap:ride:

What did they cost and did you have to buy both or just one?