Plated 2003 WR450....value?

No. I bought one last winter for $4000 in exceptional condition but it had ALL the goodies on it. I figure there was at least $1500 in aftermarket accessories. I would not have paid the $4k without all the after market stuff on it.

A plated bike is only worth more if the buyer can keep a plate on it. I would not buy a 2004+ (I think 2004 is the magic year) Cali bike that was plated (paying a premium for the plate) unless I had a guarantee that if the plate was pulled, I'd get the premium back.

As long as the pink has the right designation listed, the plate will stick. This is how you KNOW the plate is permanent.

The designations in Italics are not considered 'on-road' from the factory. This does not mean that the 'EN enduro' designation, or any other is always a 'bad' plate, because many, many dealers fill out the forms incorrectly on 'good' bikes. In other words, MC and R/S are the only guaranteed designations, but that does not mean a non MC plate will automatically get pulled (like if it's listed as such on a factory street legal KTM, that is a mistake by the dealer).

BR Agricultural water well boring rig

AT All terrain

AM Ambulance

AP Amphibian

AR Armored Car/Truck

AC Auto Carrier

BA Bale Wagon

BU Bus

CB Cab/Chassis (No Body per Statement of Facts)

CMP Camping Trailer (16" x 96")

CE Carnival Equipment

CARRIER Carrier

CCHB Coach Boat

CM Concrete/Transit Mix

CC Conventional Cab

CV Convertible

CP Coupe

2D Coupe 2 DR

CR Crane, Hoist, Lift, Ladder, Boom, etc.

T Dirt Bike

DLY Dolly

DRILL Drilling, Boring, etc.

DR Dromedary

DP Dump

DB Dune, Sand Buggy

EN Enduro

FT Fire Truck or Trailer

FB Flatbed/Platform

FO Forklift Truck

GG Garbage

GC Golf Cart

GN Grain Truck

HT Hard Top

HB Hatchback

HR Hearse

HO Hopper

CCHBT Houseboat/Housetrailer (Combination)

LM Limousine

LG Logger

MK Mini Bike

MIXER Mixer

MM Modular Mobile

MP Moped

MX Motocross

MH Motor Home/Motorized Home

MC Motorcycle

MH Motorized Home

MS Motor Scooter

MU Multiple Bodies (Must show up to 3 bodies)

NB Notchback

PN Panel

CCHPT* Park Trailer

CCHPTBT Park Trailer Boat

PK Pickup

PM Pickup w/Camper Mounted

SB Privately Owned School Bus

RC Racer

RA Rack

RE Refrigerated Vehicle

RD Roadster

RS Road/Street

2D Sedan 2 DR

4D Sedan 4 DR

5D Sedan 5 DR

SM Snowmobile

ST Stake

SW Station Wagon

TM Tandem

TN Tank

TX Taxi

TB Tilt Cab

TL Tilt Tandem

WK Tow Truck/Wrecker

DS Tractor (Diesel)

TR Tractor (Gas)

TB Trail Bike

CCH Trailer Coach

CCHMP Trailer Coach - Oversize

UT Utility (All vehicles of the "Jeep" type, such as Willys, Bronco, Blazer, Scout Land Rover, etc.)

VN Van

VC Van Camper

VA All Other Body Descriptions

Quick Search of Craigs List (Plated WR's)=

05 WR450F - $4800

WR 400 STREET LEGEL - $3300

1999 WR 426 Dual Sport - $2850

2001 Yamaha WR426f with CA plate - $3300

For what it's worth

It's a very clean bike and only trail riding with some desert. No racing what-so-ever! latley i just been using it to go to Home Depot. It's plated reg til August 2010.

Edited by Dube2
Some things are better left un-said...

That one in Murrieta is Mine.....$4,800

OVER PRICES especially for something that has been done illegally and by law should not transfer to the next owner :moon: (doesnt mean it wont though)

IMHO this thread (along with any other plated thread) should be deleted. Why the hell are we talking about this stuff in PUBLIC :cheers:

123BigcoopDawg576,

My understanding is that your motor vehicles must be registered in the state in which you reside (i.e., registered to vote and pay taxes). Any way you cut this, the vehicle registration on your plated offroad motorcycle is illegal.:moon:

Post a pic of your "Non-Cal plate" with only the state showing. Every thread you posted pics on have the state and numbers obscured. Most guys just obscure the numbers so can't be traced.

I think some states have a ten day grace period for non-residents. you must show you are temproarily working in the state or have emergency medical reasons, etc.... to be in the state more than the ten day grace period. I worked in AZ for several months at a time and was puled over once a week. after i gave a jobsite address and explanation i was always let go. My neighbor has out of state plates on his truck, but he has a license for that state. He gets hassled by the local PD all the time. Do you get hassled for your out of state WR?. Damn Police, don't they have better things to do other than hassle us tax payers.

Post a pic of your "Non-Cal plate" with only the state showing. Every thread you posted pics on have the state and numbers obscured. Most guys just obscure the numbers so can't be traced.

Why don't you answer my question? Who said or where did you see that my bike was plated and in CA?

I can assure you that you "think" my bike is plated but other then that all you have is an assumption based on an obscured photo. For all you know, I just added a plate holder to make it look plated.

HA HA HA HA, OK Coop, I know, thats your story and you're sticking to it. I commend you for your will to not colapse under pressure.:moon: Seems like this has been asked of you before on other threads and you gave the same statement. I totaly hear you on keeping this shite out of the threads, but i do pratice what I preach. ?

See you in Silverwood / Big Bear :cheers: