HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
desdave

aftermarket dip stick

11 posts in this topic

Anyone know of an aftermarket billet oil dip stick of the an 08 wr450? Lots of timing and oil fill plugs available, but I haven't yet seen a replacement for the stock plastic dip stick.

No I looked for one also when I lost mine. Had to purchase factory one. Cheapest one I found was from cyclepartsnation.com

That matches up with my search. I find them for hondas, but not the yz/wr. Thanks for the tip on whre to get a stock replacement.

I've been looking for one since I bought my 07 YZ450 back in Oct of 06 as the stock one is a POS! Way to easy to cross thread.

I asked WC if they'd look into making one and they said they'd seriously consider it. 4 months later they had one but it was for the CRF (not the bike that needs one. ***).

It'd be nice if some one would step up and fill this need!

Ok, rant over.

John

Stock replacement is only $10 but still has the same fragile threads. This is a case of an actual functional improvement with a billet piece, and not just a cosmetic change. I got a line on a TT member that was fabing up a billet replacement at one time, but not sure if he still makes them. Email sent to him, waiting for answer.

I've been looking for one since I bought my 07 YZ450 back in Oct of 06 as the stock one is a POS! Way to easy to cross thread.

I asked WC if they'd look into making one and they said they'd seriously consider it. 4 months later they had one but it was for the CRF (not the bike that needs one. ***).

It'd be nice if some one would step up and fill this need!

Ok, rant over.

John

I asked the same thing to PMB 2yrs ago and they said they would seriously consider it.

But they still only make them for CRF's as well :moon:

Probably half a dozen companys make them for Hondas but nobody for Yamaha :cheers:

There must be a machinist in our midst (at least someone who knows one). Please stand up, be recognized and help your blue brothers out!! :moon:

Anyone know of an aftermarket billet oil dip stick of the an 08 wr450? Lots of timing and oil fill plugs available, but I haven't yet seen a replacement for the stock plastic dip stick.

XR's Only has a neat one that has an oil temp guage mounted on top. It serves as a dip stick and also gives you the oil temp. Seems their web site does not have a picture posted, but you get the idea.

http://www.xrsonly.com/content/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=1011&category_id=398&keyword=oil+temp&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=70

The one they have listed on XR's Only is for the old 400/426's with the filler/dipstick in the frame at the top by the triple clamps. I had on on my WR 426 , but it won't work on the 450 or the 250's. I will add a pic of it if I can find one. WR Dave

100_2211.jpg

100_2208.jpg

Edited by WR_Dave