aftermarket dip stick

Anyone know of an aftermarket billet oil dip stick of the an 08 wr450? Lots of timing and oil fill plugs available, but I haven't yet seen a replacement for the stock plastic dip stick.

No I looked for one also when I lost mine. Had to purchase factory one. Cheapest one I found was from cyclepartsnation.com

That matches up with my search. I find them for hondas, but not the yz/wr. Thanks for the tip on whre to get a stock replacement.

I've been looking for one since I bought my 07 YZ450 back in Oct of 06 as the stock one is a POS! Way to easy to cross thread.

I asked WC if they'd look into making one and they said they'd seriously consider it. 4 months later they had one but it was for the CRF (not the bike that needs one. ***).

It'd be nice if some one would step up and fill this need!

Ok, rant over.

John

Stock replacement is only $10 but still has the same fragile threads. This is a case of an actual functional improvement with a billet piece, and not just a cosmetic change. I got a line on a TT member that was fabing up a billet replacement at one time, but not sure if he still makes them. Email sent to him, waiting for answer.

Thanks Des.

Hopefully something comes of this asat the moment I need three of them.

John

I've been looking for one since I bought my 07 YZ450 back in Oct of 06 as the stock one is a POS! Way to easy to cross thread.

I asked WC if they'd look into making one and they said they'd seriously consider it. 4 months later they had one but it was for the CRF (not the bike that needs one. ***).

It'd be nice if some one would step up and fill this need!

Ok, rant over.

John

I asked the same thing to PMB 2yrs ago and they said they would seriously consider it.

But they still only make them for CRF's as well :moon:

Probably half a dozen companys make them for Hondas but nobody for Yamaha :cheers:

There must be a machinist in our midst (at least someone who knows one). Please stand up, be recognized and help your blue brothers out!! :moon:

Anyone know of an aftermarket billet oil dip stick of the an 08 wr450? Lots of timing and oil fill plugs available, but I haven't yet seen a replacement for the stock plastic dip stick.

XR's Only has a neat one that has an oil temp guage mounted on top. It serves as a dip stick and also gives you the oil temp. Seems their web site does not have a picture posted, but you get the idea.

http://www.xrsonly.com/content/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=1011&category_id=398&keyword=oil+temp&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=70

The one they have listed on XR's Only is for the old 400/426's with the filler/dipstick in the frame at the top by the triple clamps. I had on on my WR 426 , but it won't work on the 450 or the 250's. I will add a pic of it if I can find one. WR Dave

100_2211.jpg

100_2208.jpg

Edited by WR_Dave