Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smithjeb

2010 YZ450F Pricing

23 posts in this topic

Update thread...what's everyone paying for their 2010's ???

I have seen a few out there but all the dealers I talk to want MSRP +

Ballpark...what's the scoop and where are the deals...:moon:

$7,550 OTD in Oregon. Bike is supposed to be here in December. December only has 2-days left. I'm not very happy....

if ur in cali.. chap is 9200 out the door. honda yamaha redlands i know someone that got it for 8100 out the door, b&b cycles in victorville is 9200-9400

im gunna buy out of state next time tho cause in az u can get um for 7700

im gunna buy out of state next time tho cause in az u can get um for 7700

Then when you go to get the bike registered in California, they will charge you the $674 in taxes that you didn't pay them when you bought it out of state, along with your $50 reg fees, and your "deal" will go to $8425.

Then when you go to get the bike registered in California, they will charge you the $674 in taxes that you didn't pay them when you bought it out of state, along with your $50 reg fees, and your "deal" will go to $8425.
You only have to pay the sales tax once, In AZ, if you present your bill of sale showing you already paid in another state, you only pay the OHV fee and registration in AZ...so, shop for a state with the least sales tax....I paid 8399 OTD registration, taxes, shop towel fee, environmental fee, blah, blah... ..from an AZ dealer.....a bit more than I wanted, but still less than MSRP...rule of thumb: If you can get it OTD for MSRP, that is a fair deal for you and the dealer..He has to make enough to keep the lights turned on. I didn't quite meet my own goal, but I'll be riding while the rest of you will be talking about what color decals you're gonna stick on it when the price "comes down"....:moon:

You only have to pay the sales tax once, In AZ, if you present your bill of sale showing you already paid in another state, you only pay the OHV fee and registration in AZ...so, shop for a state with the least sales tax....I paid 8399 OTD registration, taxes, shop towel fee, environmental fee, blah, blah... ..from an AZ dealer.....a bit more than I wanted, but still less than MSRP...rule of thumb: If you can get it OTD for MSRP, that is a fair deal for you and the dealer..He has to make enough to keep the lights turned on. I didn't quite meet my own goal, but I'll be riding while the rest of you will be talking about what color decals you're gonna stick on it when the price "comes down"....:moon:

I feel you. Mine is supposed to be here in December and I've read and talked about it way too much. This is getting old.

You only have to pay the sales tax once, ...
That's why Kalifornia doesn't call it a sales tax; it's a "use" tax, and it applies to pretty much any purchase where CA sales tax wasn't collected on a motor vehicle sale. An out of state sales tax receipt may help, though.

Do you know if they have them in stock for that ?

Not true - called Heinen's - they will sell it for $7300.

PLUS $250 doc fee PLUS MN tax = OTD for $8095

Anybody else get a deal they have heard about...

Hey Grayracer, do you have to register the bike in cali ?? or is that something of your own choice ??

Hey Grayracer, do you have to register the bike in cali ?? or is that something of your own choice ??
That kind of depends on where you want to ride it, and whether or not you might want to sell it someday. If you ONLY ever ride it on private property or Indian land, you don't need an ORV sticker. If you EVER ride it on any public lands, you do.

You might have to prove it's yours someday, and if you are on private property or Indian lands at the time, a Bill of Sale, or out of state title will probably work, but it will be less enjoyable than having "clean" paperwork.

Then, if you want to sell it, you'll have to conduct the sale totally under the table, or go back to square one and pat the taxes that were never paid in order to get a California title issued. Either that, or take it out of state to sell it to a resident of that state.

not sure now but they did a couple weeks ago SAid 7300 not out the door JUST$7300

Sorry - I am not attuned to the OTD versus non-OTD quote - seems like a crock to me.

I appreciate it when dealers tell me the bike is $XXX + tax. That's like everything else we buy.

This whole - it's $7300 and then when you go to buy it extra "fees" pop up is a good way to piss me off.

I have no idea how half these dealers survive.

Talk to Jason @ Yamaha of Louisville, KY. He had a white one for 7800. + shipping, whatever the cost is for you, no tax if out of state and will put on pallet for shipping, but you have to arrange for pick-up, didn't buy from him cause I had to trade one to get one.

who says im going to register the bike? im track only...