HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
freerider_australia

Valve saver and efi 2010 yz450f ??

6 posts in this topic

I have always ran regular lead additive for a car, a cap full per tank. I have never had problems. Knock on wood.

Your engine was designed to use unleaded fuel. Additives containing lead have little chance of actually extending the life of your valves, and truth be told, some chance of shortening it. My advice would be not to use them.

idk bout fuel additives but i run u4.2 which is a leaded gas. everythings been good so far.

as far as i can tell motorex does not contain lead it contains parrifin which i think i is a type of wax you mix i 1:1000
Engine oil contains paraffin. Sounds like nothing more than "top oil". Top engine lubes are useful when using "dry" fuels like alcohol or some racing gasolines, but they are of more benefit to the rings than the valves. They won't hurt, though.