HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RichFZR-WR

Water sucking up the engine breather pipe

8 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, well as the title says, I,ve got a 02 wr426 and on the last few rides ever time i've checked my oil after a ride there has been water in it. Milky toffee.

Its not coming out of the water reservoir cause thats on the max mark, which is constant.

The bikes not been drowned, but it has been through deep water and a lot of it.

Was thinking of re routing the breather pipe higher up the bike into the air box into a bottle to catch the milky residue....Or is that to much up hill.

Just wondering if any of you guys have done this on a 426 or can recommend something else another way to go.

Cause at the moment I'm changing oil after every ride, which is a bit costly as I'm only doing around 75miles a ride out...

Cheers Rich.

No, the water level stays constant, just had so much rain that the lanes are more like rivers, with no option of going round the water you have to go through.

Hey Rich, here are a cuple of pics of what worked on my old WR426 and is still working on my '07. I installed "T" fittings into the crankcase breather hose and in both carb vent crossover tubes. Then just run the new tube off of the "T" up under the tank for the carb hoses and up near the steering stem for the crankcase breather. Just make sure to nstall the "T"'s a little below the natural curve of the hoses so if any water gets into the new hoses , it just runs out the bottom. Good Luck -- WR Dave

IMG_0031.jpg

100_0031.jpg

I just rerouted my oil breather hose from the stock location, (lower left of engine) to just above the airbox opening. I used the stock hose and ran it along the top of the engine, under the frame below the gas tank, along the frame next to the battery and let it rest with the aid of a zip tie.

Never ever had water in my oil. BTW..... That is a very bad thing to have. Water in the oil. Get that sorted our ASAP before you Yamaha shop gets to rebuild your Top End.

I just rerouted my oil breather hose from the stock location, (lower left of engine) to just above the airbox opening. I used the stock hose and ran it along the top of the engine, under the frame below the gas tank, along the frame next to the battery and let it rest with the aid of a zip tie.

Never ever had water in my oil. BTW..... That is a very bad thing to have. Water in the oil. Get that sorted our ASAP before you Yamaha shop gets to rebuild your Top End.

You say that as if they might enjoy rebuilding the top end... :moon: