HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smitty33

Broken Throttle Cable ?

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone else had their throttle cable snap

for no apparent reason?

I got my 00 426 in july and this weekend during first practice of a local MX race the return cable broke about 3 - 4 inches from the carb linkage.

I was on an up hill hard on the gas when i felt something strange, pulled over and sure enough the cable was broke.

I have lubed the cables on the bike consistantly every two weeks.

???????

Wierd!

------------------

Keep your stick on the ice!

www.fbd.ns.ca

This is a common problem. The cable chafes at the end of the the cable tube. Was it the bottom pull cable or top push cable?

Hey guys, I haven't checked into this myself, but I thought the cables came in a set, and are not available individually.

Check with Yamaha parts warehouse a.k.a. Tracey's in Pittsburg - someone I was talking to claims to have already received a replacement set, without delay.

Boomer

I broke my original at the throttle in a crash. I must be lucky because NCY had it in stock, it was on my bike (426) in less than a week.

I HAVE TROTTLE CABLES FOR THE YZ400/426 IN STOCK $30.00 888-248-9159/818-782-4600

THANKS MARK