Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moosemuss

TT FNG and a new YZ450F

10 posts in this topic

New to TT, but not to MX. I'm a 45 year-old vet rider, currently on my third tour to Iraq. I came home for R&R and on my second day decided to visit the local shops while my wife slept (she's a nurse and worked a 7P to 7A shift the night before). Just wanted to look and see what I was missing this time around over there.

So I went to Honda and they had a '10 CRF250 and said they could order me a '10 450. My last eight bikes, or so, have been Hondas. I'm too old to really enjoy a 250F - just sold one before I deployed. So I left and went up the road to the Yamaha /Suzuki dealer. When I pulled in to the lot, there it was in the center of the window. I hate to say I "had to have it", but you know the rest. They gave me a discount because I'm active duty and deployed, and I wrote a check and rolled a 2010 YZ450F out the door. Last YZ I had was in 1990, when they were red and white and had the monster YZM radiator shrouds.

Weather is too crappy to ride, and I have to fly back to Iraq in a couple of days. But I have started it up several times, and just cracking the throttle bumps up my heart rate. Aside from the C-RAM guns which protect our base from mortars, best sound I have heard in months.

Very interested to see how they do in competition. Know JS7 will rip on his, but hoping to see good results over the next 7 months while I do the rest of my time over there. I figure the weather will be perfect in JUL when we redeploy... Anyway, looking forward to good stuff from TT and thanks for reading.

Congrats on the new purchase, and a big THANK YOU for your service. Its nice that you get to be home for the holidays I bet!