10.000 kms on a WR ...

My '06 WR just reached 10.000 kms ...

Not a single problem, original piston and rings, valves in factory spec. Changed oil every 500 kms, cleaned filter every other ride. The bike still pulls very strong and doesn't burn a single drop of oil.

Used mostly in cross country and very technical single tracks.

Only want to share with all you WR lovers...

100_2420%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Yeah, we're lucky here with the Aussie versions. We just keep hitting the 'A' button (off memory i think that's right!) and it cycles through trip a, trip b and total mileage.

I just assumed everyone's does that. Weird some of the differences between countries.

Ours also come road registerable off the room floor - mine was already registered by the shop. We also get that metal WR badge on top of the rear mudguard, which I don't think everyone gets.

I use the "B" for total mileage. Bought used this year though, about 900 miles,not sure how far it goes. If it rolls over will record manually.

It goes up to 99,999 kms or miles. I also use the B to select either two odos or the totalizer

after 10000 km I am happy to throw a crank at the engine .I have rebiult my 00 model wr400 once in 240 hrs and 5000km on the clock proir to that (the original speedo died shortly after the 12300km mark,by memory I think that was about 114 hrs on the hr meter)

I only replaced piston ,rings,brgs,rod ,cam chain,and recut some valve seats,2 gears and a shift fork .We do a lot of riding around 70-100kmh ,oil is changed at 6 hrs maximum and filters cleaned as required by conditions.I will rebuild it again soon but I will throw in an aftermarket crank assy this time as I will sell it when Yamaha release something new.(not a rebadged 09 wr450f)Its only the road compliance plate which reads 2010 that makes our (aust road compliant)wr450f $1000 more expensive than a road legal wr450f 09.