What parts on the 2010 are Titanium

What parts on the 2010 are Titanium?

I think just the valves!!!

the footpegs look ti like on th yz250. are they?

I am not sure I will have to take one off to see. They are very nice and wide.

The '08 pegs weren't ti, so I'm pretty sure that the '10 isn't either. Yamaha decided that wider steel pegs were better than the smaller ti pegs they had previously.

werent the pegs always ti from like 04+? i kno on the yz250f they were still ti up til 09 as far as i know

When I throw my leg over the seat tomorrow there will be the ti valves, maybe the pegs and my ti left leg. Haha

All I know is that a magnet will stick to the pegs on my '08 and it didn't stick to the pegs on my '06 YZ250F. Shock spring is no longer ti on the '10 either. Yamaha is trying to keep costs down and still have a good bike. MXA has said for many years that they would prefer the light speed steel footpegs with the wider width than the skinny ti ones that yamaha uses.

All I know is that a magnet will stick to the pegs on my '08 and it didn't stick to the pegs on my '06 YZ250F. Shock spring is no longer ti on the '10 either. Yamaha is trying to keep costs down and still have a good bike. MXA has said for many years that they would prefer the light speed steel footpegs with the wider width than the skinny ti ones that yamaha uses.

I have Light Speed pegs on my 08 they are marginaly wider but about 10 times better:thumbsup:

Is the exhaust still ti?

No its stainless steel.

The '08 pegs weren't ti, so I'm pretty sure that the '10 isn't either. Yamaha decided that wider steel pegs were better than the smaller ti pegs they had previously.

the 08's were ti.....:moon:

Not on my 08 they weren't. I think the 2 strokes might have been ti still.

So will the older 2 stroke (or four stroke) Ti pegs fit on the new 450?

Edited by FZ1426

My '08 smoker had ti pegs. One of them broke on my second ride. Sunline arched pegs were a fantastic replacement.

seat bolts

I took off my left peg on my 07 yz450 to put on a billet kick stand. While it was off i grabed a steel one to see what they felt like next to each other. I'm sure if you piled up the rear spring two foot pegs and five valves next to steel ones the weight savings would suprise you. To bad the whole bike isn't ti.

seat bolts

Subframe bolts too. I think. If not they were of an alloy I'm not familiar with.