HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waukee

What parts on the 2010 are Titanium

18 posts in this topic

The '08 pegs weren't ti, so I'm pretty sure that the '10 isn't either. Yamaha decided that wider steel pegs were better than the smaller ti pegs they had previously.

werent the pegs always ti from like 04+? i kno on the yz250f they were still ti up til 09 as far as i know

When I throw my leg over the seat tomorrow there will be the ti valves, maybe the pegs and my ti left leg. Haha

All I know is that a magnet will stick to the pegs on my '08 and it didn't stick to the pegs on my '06 YZ250F. Shock spring is no longer ti on the '10 either. Yamaha is trying to keep costs down and still have a good bike. MXA has said for many years that they would prefer the light speed steel footpegs with the wider width than the skinny ti ones that yamaha uses.

All I know is that a magnet will stick to the pegs on my '08 and it didn't stick to the pegs on my '06 YZ250F. Shock spring is no longer ti on the '10 either. Yamaha is trying to keep costs down and still have a good bike. MXA has said for many years that they would prefer the light speed steel footpegs with the wider width than the skinny ti ones that yamaha uses.

I have Light Speed pegs on my 08 they are marginaly wider but about 10 times better:thumbsup:

The '08 pegs weren't ti, so I'm pretty sure that the '10 isn't either. Yamaha decided that wider steel pegs were better than the smaller ti pegs they had previously.

the 08's were ti.....:moon:

So will the older 2 stroke (or four stroke) Ti pegs fit on the new 450?

Edited by FZ1426

I took off my left peg on my 07 yz450 to put on a billet kick stand. While it was off i grabed a steel one to see what they felt like next to each other. I'm sure if you piled up the rear spring two foot pegs and five valves next to steel ones the weight savings would suprise you. To bad the whole bike isn't ti.