The nicest dealer I have ever met.....

If anyone needs a yamaha atv or motorcycle, go to e-lee ford/yamaha in Ely nevada. The owner, Carl, is the nicest dealer I have ever met, period. He stayed until almost midnight working on my bike and gave me a heck of a deal. That guy makes no money because he sells everything so cheap. He has to because most of his business comes in from at least 100 miles away. The deal I got is not why I am posting this. It was his honesty and absolute dedication to customer satisfaction. I highly recommend going there for any ford or yamaha. I'll go back for every yamaha product I ever buy. He has an R1 on sale for 100 over his cost. I am SO tempted... :)

Chris :D

That's what I like to hear!! :)

How come all the dealers that are usually the closest ones to my home seem to sell everything at "Retail plus 15%"?

Just my luck, I guess.

The nicest dealer I have ever met...

Ohhh I am good at these... hold on... I got it....

A dead one? :)

Fryboy

I got my bike there also, although didn't work as good a deal but was the best one I could find at the time. I had some serious problems with my dealer here in Aurora Colorado with price and backing out of deals. I got ahold of Karl on the web, he met me at the shop before business hours, threw in a few little extras I didn't expect, talked to me about my dealer. Was a very nice experince. I would highly recommend him!!!!

I got an 02 FZ1 from him too that he said he was actually taking a slight loss on. Nothing like loading 2 new bikes in the back of your truck!!! Once in a life time thing for me.

Have you tried buying a bike in Laramie? I've had awesome transactions from the Honda dealer up there. When I was looking for my WR, the Yamaha shop quoted me a very good price as well. It's worth it for me to drive an hour versus buying local.

Chris, Awesome....... Sounds like a good guy....

He is the only dealer I would trust to be telling the truth about taking a loss on a bike. He cracked open his dealer price sheet to show me how much he will make on the r1 if he sells it at that price. He is asking 8990. His cost is 87xx (don't remember exactly) and frieght is 98, so he isn't making squat on that sale. Retail is something like 10,200 or 10,500. His total profit on most bikes is about 15% at the most. The only reason I got the deal I did is because I told him about the other prices I had seen on this site. He said the lowest he would go is 5850 though. After seeing his price sheet I can see why. I didn't see his cost on my bike, but I think it was around 5400. He is just a really nice guy, not at all cocky like many of the dealers here in slc. Awesome dealer!

Chris :)

How about the other end of the spectrum? My dealership (hardings in canton oh) made me wait FOUR weeks to get the tsb done. They said they were waiting for the parts(?). I took it in wed and they told me that I MIGHT be able to pick it up on monday. This is the third bike I purchased there in 3 years,(including an R1) and it is the last thing I will ever purchase from them. I have ALOT of riding buddies, both street and dirt, you can bet I will Be telling them about this deal. I'm glad to hear you got a good dealer. It's nice to know that good customer service is still alive in the good ol U.S.ofA. :)

He is the only dealer I would trust to be telling the truth about taking a loss on a bike. He cracked open his dealer price sheet to show me how much he will make on the r1 if he sells it at that price. He is asking 8990. His cost is 87xx (don't remember exactly) and frieght is 98, so he isn't making squat on that sale. Retail is something like 10,200 or 10,500. His total profit on most bikes is about 15% at the most. The only reason I got the deal I did is because I told him about the other prices I had seen on this site. He said the lowest he would go is 5850 though. After seeing his price sheet I can see why. I didn't see his cost on my bike, but I think it was around 5400. He is just a really nice guy, not at all cocky like many of the dealers here in slc. Awesome dealer!

Now Chris, is this a nice thing to say about our SLC dealers?

I never mentioned anything about the parts people. Just the dealers, as in sales people and owners. :)