HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Derwood

Rear Number Plate fuel tanks

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone what company makes a small fuel tank that mounts behind the left rear number plate? I haven't seen it advertised lately. It looks like a better alterantive to mounting a one of those 55 gallon drum like fuel tanks on my bike.

------------------

Derwood,

trapped in IL.

I've escaped! I'm heading back to Cali and beautiful Jawbone and Glamis......

99YZ400

i saw it on the baja site. i've not heard any reports directly, just whispers; the handling is meant to suffer. i hope someone here gives a straight opinion...

Taffy

I've heard that the gas in that tank can't be used when going up a long hill, because it won't gravity feed from back there. I suppose you could turn downhill and get going again (better than running out of gas).

I've wondered if some kind of check valve setup could make this work better?

I usualy go back down hills backwards anyway!I would either carry tools or a little sphion.

------------------

Derwood,

trapped in IL.

I've escaped! I'm heading back to Cali and beautiful Jawbone and Glamis......

99YZ400

That was A-Loop. In my opinion, I would rather use one of those old front number plate gas tanks, because it will drain before the gas tank does, thus lightening the steering. The side number plate tank might work better as an extra canteen.

Scott F

I saw some saddle tanks at Gresham KTM # 503-667-3970 it was awhile ago so not sure if they still have them , im pretty sure they were kind of spending

Doug