HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pbviking

Dr D Exhaust 07 yz450

10 posts in this topic

Yes, that's from their site, and refers to the pipe with no inserts. But passing AT 96 with fresh packing does leave a little room for variances, which could work against you.

I tried to pass 96 at a WORCS race with a newly packed dr d on my YZ450f. Had to put the quiet core in to pass.. The sound test was done by the forest service not the usual FMF guy. I blew 99 without it! Don't know how accurate the forest service guys are though....

I tried to pass 96 at a WORCS race with a newly packed dr d on my YZ450f. Had to put the quiet core in to pass.. The sound test was done by the forest service not the usual FMF guy. I blew 99 without it! Don't know how accurate the forest service guys are though....

Ouch

That is what I am afraid of. Did you notice any difference with the quiet core in vs out. Power, sounds, or?

yeah, no way to pass with freshly packed muffler. I heard if you cut out the airbox in certain areas it will help. I had a pro friend that got stuck running a stock silencer once, due to him not passing sound check.

better safe then sorry get, i would get the insert just to be sure you will pass the test

better safe then sorry get, i would get the insert just to be sure you will pass the test

true but i am hearing that with the insert the bike is still very loud 97-98 dbs...

At least that is how I read into the dr d system

there is a full system on ebay now that has the quiet core included with the auction