2010 Aftermarket Exhaust System Talk. PC, FMF,

yer its crazy they want $400 (au) for the tuner it self or $600 with maps, just ordered mine from the states for $270 (au) i think it was.

Can you please post up the maps you have and a brief description of the differences.

Thanks

Mike

Started on the map9 at start of day. was a 30 deg C sunny day, moderate humidity, track was HARD packed,blue-grooved clay surface with some areas of loose dirt over the hard clay base. #9 was hard hitting, Fast revving and not minimal torque.

Switched to map one as i thought this would most likely offer the most dramatic difference that I might notice also this was my first play with the new tuner. Back on the track, #1 map was super mellow down low and really smooth right through the rev range, which suited the hard, slick surface but was not over exciting to ride with.Fuel Injection (FI)

-4 +4 -4

-4 +4 -4

-4 +4 -4

Ignition (IG)

+2 -5 +2

+2 -5 +2

+2 -5 +2

Map # 4 offered powerful torque off the bottom and revved out on the moderate to flat side, I have stayed here for now it suits what tracks I am doing.

Will boot up the programmer this weekend and get some details out of it on the programs. I have not been able to do more changes at this point due to all the tracks around my area are flooded out.

This is how my tuner was provided to me, it was new when i bought it but the packaging was unsealed, and looks as though it may have been in use at some point , but that is only a guess.... But This is more about aftermarket exhaust go chase down some efi posts if you are chasing more maps etc

Edited by motojase316

He means to post the numbers from the map. Not how you used them.

Well actually both. I'm looking for the numbers and his impression on the differences he felt.

Yes project dirt, I know what he is after like I said I will get to the maps when I boot up the my controller. Like I said in the reply...

Yes project dirt, I know what he is after like I said I will get to the maps when I boot up the my controller. Like I said in the reply...

There is a sticky post in the yz450 forum which has maps in it if your going to post them check they are already not there if not put them there that would be great them others can try them

has anybody have some more maps they might like too share, cheers.

My FMF 4.1 full exhaust will be here friday. Now......if I just had the 2010 model to put it on :banghead:

I think it will be here by the end of the month(hopefully). If anyone knows of any maps for the FMF leave them in here so people with this type of system can try them out.

Dr.d ti-ti is the way to go.Easy to re-pack,light and excellent power gains .I put one on my yz450f 2009 and love it.I race ice,track ride trails and dunes.Ive ran pro circuit,yoshimura,fmf pipes.The yoshimura pipes header is very close to stock so i would just get a slip on.Pro circuit and fmf are excellent pipes but dr.d for the price and ease of re pack is the best bang for the buck.Fmf would be my second choice.

Dr.d ti-ti is the way to go.Easy to re-pack,light and excellent power gains .I put one on my yz450f 2009 and love it.I race ice,track ride trails and dunes.Ive ran pro circuit,yoshimura,fmf pipes.The yoshimura pipes header is very close to stock so i would just get a slip on.Pro circuit and fmf are excellent pipes but dr.d for the price and ease of re pack is the best bang for the buck.Fmf would be my second choice.

The 2010 is whole diffrent bike though

I'm already wanting/looking for a quieter pipe(with a spark arrestor) for when I ride at my property in Eastern, WA - so far it looks like the FMF Q4 is my only bet...any others?

I'm already wanting/looking for a quieter pipe(with a spark arrestor) for when I ride at my property in Eastern, WA - so far it looks like the FMF Q4 is my only bet...any others?

Where in eastern WA? I'm north of Spokane by about an hour, always looking for people to ride with :banghead:

I have 20 acres on Cayuse Mtn just outside of Tonasket on Highway 20...Just getting back into the sport and excited to rip up my land!:banghead:

I have 20 acres on Cayuse Mtn just outside of Tonasket on Highway 20...Just getting back into the sport and excited to rip up my land!:banghead:

Nice area over there. My wife grew up just over the hill in Winthrop.

^ thrilling. I am sure the world is on the edge of excitement with that vital information. Hve you notified Obama of this?

When you girls are thru with your chat, can we please get back to the topic?:banghead:

My FMF full 4.1 titanium exhaust came yesterday and boy is it beautiful. I would post a pic of it the the Ol'lady has done something with the camera and I cant find it.

Maybe I could use my Gopro HD camera.

GOPR0008.jpg

GOPR0007.jpg

GOPR0004.jpg

GOPR0003.jpg

i noticed the stock one is heavy when removing the subframe. this one looks a lot lighter?

Any updates from people with exhaust systems?

Spoke with yoshimura, they said their exhaust is about 4 weeks away from production.

Just put a Yosh slip on on my 2010. Haven't ridden yet so I can't report on performance. It sounds a bit louder....

DSC02477.jpg

Yosh did good things for the 09/10 CRF450 and I'm hoping for the same results on my Yamaha. The slip on is actually slightly heavier than stock (less than 2 oz.). The RS4 has a very clean look and it's more than 3 inches shorter than stock. I don't like long mufflers because the more that sticks out the more likely you are to bend stuff when you crash. That's another thing I didn't like about pre 2009 YZ450s. Anyway, I'm expecting more top and overrev.