YZ450F 2010 FI & IG Map Settings?

Hey guys - I am looking for some help in making the power on my YZ450F 2010 model a progressive power curve. Ideally taper off bottom end snap and build the power all the way to the top. Has anyone got recommendations for FI & IG Map Settings (using GYTR Power Tuner)?

I pulled below off an internet site however it probably confused me more because current map on bike was 0's in all areas. Agian any help would be appreciated...

Setting for improved drivability

For riding in slippery conditions, such as on hard packed dirt or wet surfaces. This setting provides easier throttle work that can be experienced not only by experts but a wide range of YZ450F users.

Fuel Injection (FI)

-4 +4 -4

-4 +4 -4

-4 +4 -4

Igntion (IG)

+2 -5 +2

+2 -5 +2

+2 -5 +2

Setting for improved response

This setting is suited for a linear engine response to throttle work when riding on dirt with good traction or on high-load sand courses. This setting helps to achieve faster engine revving up through the rpm range for owners who want to ride more aggressively.

Fuel Injection (FI)

-2 -4 -4

-2 -4 -4

-2 -2 -2

Igntion (IG)

+3 +2 +2

+3 +3 +2

+3 +3 +3

Yea, I looked at my tuner book briefly and its a little more in depth than I thought! I am sure once I read the whole manuel it will be a little easier! I did not see any preset maps?????

I knew that tuner was going to be aggravating to use until you just sit down and study on it for like three or four hours.

You would have thought yamaha would have had at least 3 basic maps that they would recommend. I'v got my tuner but my bike has'nt came yet but when it does I should have this tuner figured out by then.

• Like 1

I tried the two maps on the weekend (1) Drivability & (2) Improved Response. Firstly loading the maps onto the CPU is a breeze and probably take 30 seconds... Track Conditions - Hard Pack Clay but recently groomed and had rain night before <PERFECT>

Feedback on (1) Drivability: it was a weird sensation because the motor reving in the low part of the rev but didn't get drive until the mid when it kicked but power tapered off really quickly.

Feedback on (2) Improved Response: seemed to be more snappy particularly low to mid but again lacked top end. I did not like this map at all...

So I changed to this map (slight variation to standard):

Fuel Injection (FI)

-1 0 0

-1 0 0

-1 0 0

Igntion (IG)

+1 0 0

+1 0 0

+1 0 0

This seemed to give me more throttle control off the bottom (reduced snap from idle) however I am searching for more progressive curve all the way through - Stonger Mid and Top End...

I contacted my car & bike dyno tuner and he said to bring it in and we will do some runs on the dyno and preprogram a few maps. They had previous experiences with guys playing with EFI and doing damage to bike motors. I really trust these guys and if anything it will give me a hands on lesson on how to get the most out of the GYTR Tuner.

I tried the two maps on the weekend (1) Drivability & (2) Improved Response. Firstly loading the maps onto the CPU is a breeze and probably take 30 seconds... Track Conditions - Hard Pack Clay but recently groomed and had rain night before <PERFECT>

Feedback on (1) Drivability: it was a weird sensation because the motor reving in the low part of the rev but didn't get drive until the mid when it kicked but power tapered off really quickly.

Feedback on (2) Improved Response: seemed to be more snappy particularly low to mid but again lacked top end. I did not like this map at all...

So I changed to this map (slight variation to standard):

Fuel Injection (FI)

-1 0 0

-1 0 0

-1 0 0

Igntion (IG)

+1 0 0

+1 0 0

+1 0 0

This seemed to give me more throttle control off the bottom (reduced snap from idle) however I am searching for more progressive curve all the way through - Stonger Mid and Top End...

I contacted my car & bike dyno tuner and he said to bring it in and we will do some runs on the dyno and preprogram a few maps. They had previous experiences with guys playing with EFI and doing damage to bike motors. I really trust these guys and if anything it will give me a hands on lesson on how to get the most out of the GYTR Tuner.

I am very interested in your findings, please report back! I would love try what you come up with!

Anymore power unit setings anyone? I've not run mine in yet but would like to set it to a mellower traction curve to start off until I'm used to it. ave the power tuner but don't know what to set it to and don't want to just use trial and error as that could take ages,...

I pulled below off an internet site however it probably confused me more because current map on bike was 0's in all areas. Agian any help would be appreciated...

Setting for improved drivability

For riding in slippery conditions, such as on hard packed dirt or wet surfaces. This setting provides easier throttle work that can be experienced not only by experts but a wide range of YZ450F users.

Fuel Injection (FI)

-4 +4 -4

-4 +4 -4

-4 +4 -4

Igntion (IG)

+2 -5 +2

+2 -5 +2

+2 -5 +2

Setting for improved response

This setting is suited for a linear engine response to throttle work when riding on dirt with good traction or on high-load sand courses. This setting helps to achieve faster engine revving up through the rpm range for owners who want to ride more aggressively.

Fuel Injection (FI)

-2 -4 -4

-2 -4 -4

-2 -2 -2

Igntion (IG)

+3 +2 +2

+3 +3 +2

+3 +3 +3

just wondring if you could put a link to the site where u got the above info from

the power tuner is really easy to work but i need to find out a bit more what effect the settings have

thanks david

Link for two maps (scoll down page): http://www.eatmydirt.com.au/Products/tabid/65/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/625/2010-YZ450F-throws-away-the-mould.aspx

I will be getting the bike on the dyno Mid Jan and will post results.

thanks for that i have tried both maps the first i found as it said good drive no massive wheel spin

2nd map was agressive lots of power ever where

the power tuner is one of the best ideas and it not to over priced