14t and case saver

can i run a 14t sprocket up front with the stock case saver thingy? it barely clears the chain and it has "13T" stamped into it. so im wondering if u have to buy a different one for different size front sprockets

It might clear it if you use the stock chain, but if you have an O or D-Ring chain it won't. Although, it is recommended that you change chains with sprockets that way everything wears evenly.

It might clear it if you use the stock chain, but if you have an O or D-Ring chain it won't. Although, it is recommended that you change chains with sprockets that way everything wears evenly.

There is no difference in the way an O-ring and a non-sealed chain will clear the front chain guide (aka "case saver") because the rollers of either of them are exactly the same size.

And also, if the chain is within the wear limit, there is no reason one sprocket cannot be changed, or both, without having an effect on wear.

As far as a 14 clearing the stock guide, it most likely will, but you'll probably need to unbolt it to install the sprocket, even if you don't run the cover on your bike. If you find it a bit tight at the front, you can file some clearance into it, or order the one for an '05 or earlier.

There is no difference in the way an O-ring and a non-sealed chain will clear the front chain guide (aka "case saver") because the rollers of either of them are exactly the same size.

And also, if the chain is within the wear limit, there is no reason one sprocket cannot be changed, or both, without having an effect on wear.

As far as a 14 clearing the stock guide, it most likely will, but you'll probably need to unbolt it to install the sprocket, even if you don't run the cover on your bike. If you find it a bit tight at the front, you can file some clearance into it, or order the one for an '05 or earlier.

im gonna take another look at it tomorrow, and if its too close for comfort i will file it down. thanks:ride:

Gray is right. I am able to use the stock guide with a 14, and unbolt the guide to add or remove the 14. It's close, but it works.

Oh, my mistake. Thanks for clearing that up guys.

I would run the 14t on it. thats just me

go with the 14 tooth