I want to raise my '07 WR450

Raising the rear of the bike will possibly cause chain problems. It already has a stated clearance of more than 14 inches, why do you need more?

It has the lowest ground clearance of any bike I've owned in many years and you Notice it. Whether it's getting hung up in ruts, logs, rocks, it adds up.

It has the lowest ground clearance of any bike I've owned in many years and you Notice it. Whether it's getting hung up in ruts, logs, rocks, it adds up.

My sediment exactly. The other day I stood my bike nextto KTM and there was a good two inch difference in ground clearance. Yamaha may claim 14" but there is definatly a difference between all the other manufactures and Yamaha.

I love my Yamaha and havent owned anything else but I am tired of hiting crap in the trails that other bikes are not having as much of an issue with. If there is nothing that can be done I will will have to go to the dark side and buy a pumkin.

Raising the bike will destroy the handling.

Getting your suspension sprung and re-valved for your weight will raise the bike up at least 1" or more. It will also keep the bike up in the stroke farther when you ride, effectively giving you more ground clearance. Stock suspension is extra soft, and the bike rides extra low.

Please dont' try and raise the bike.

I would hate to read the story and see the crash video posted after the first ride.

I'm with Randy and tribalbc.... this bike is to low to the ground... my steel framed WR's did not get hung up half as much as the Al framed bikes... does it handle better? Yep:thumbsup:

If you raise the bike you will notice it in the handling of the bike, the C of G may feel higher but based on the amount of travel the rear suspension already makes when it's unloaded, you are not going to do anything that is detrimental or dangerous...

I could post xrays of two broken feet since my first 07' and they were on the pegs when it happened. That's dangerous... a 1/2" could be the difference between a wore out tire and a new one

I could post xrays of two broken feet since my first 07' and they were on the pegs when it happened. That's dangerous... a 1/2" could be the difference between a wore out tire and a new one

The low clearance and my big feet has always worried me.....

You could just raise the foot pegs a bit. Graves Motorsports make some peg mounts that raise them 10mm for supermoto racing.

If not just mod the shit out of the motor so your on the back wheel more. You know for better clearance.

Problem is I'm 6' 3" and already have a tall seat and bar risers to get rid of the cramped feeling.

And yes the back wheel is good :moon:

i know u can have suspension companies lower your suspension when they do a re-valve, and they claim they can lower the front and rear up to 2 inches or so, (factory connection stated they can) so my guess is they can probably increase it too???? i would contact a major suspension company and ask them for suggestions or help and what not....

-nic