Hour Meters

I'm looking for feed back on the cheap hr meters some of you have bought from ebay. I have two and nether of them works. It takes 15 min. or more for the meter to move 1/10th. of an hr. and the blinking icon blinks erratically. The ebay seller is trying to tell me that I have a bad connection. I hooked a sendec meter to the same wire connection and it works. Is any one having any luck with these?

Just installed mine on my 09 YZ450f. I use the ones right from Yamaha. It has Hours and Tach. The coil is extra in case I have to pull the plug. Here is a pic.

PC136547.jpg

I see someone took my advice on wrapping the hour meter wire with electrical tape for an almost factory looking install :thumbsup: Rather than coil the wire like you did, I made an "S" bend with the wire and tucked it into a zip tie up on the frame. Looks really clean that way.

I have 2010 450f and believe i will get the tach/hour meter for it even though I have a tuner. i just like to see the hours without having to plug the tuner in.

Havent had a problem with mine but in the future I will get a SenDec for a few dollars more.

I'm looking for feed back on the cheap hr meters some of you have bought from ebay. I have two and nether of them works. It takes 15 min. or more for the meter to move 1/10th. of an hr. and the blinking icon blinks erratically. The ebay seller is trying to tell me that I have a bad connection. I hooked a sendec meter to the same wire connection and it works. Is any one having any luck with these?

I've the same issue with those cheap ones. They work with conventional coils where you can wrap the wire around the spark plug cable but they dont work with the coils included in the spark plug cap.

Maybe they work with more turns around the cap due to a higher induced voltage?

I have two and Tried wrapping the coil with more wraps and I have tried on a 2 stroke. Neither of these work. Im sending them back and getting the name brand units from now on.

Motominder is a very nice one. Tells you the date it was installed and blibks the hours 10 sec after engine is off. They are very reliable also noway of water or anything ever getting into that little thing.

http://www.motominder.com.au/product.htm

Here is a short video we made to help show how to install our tach / hour meters. We get a lot of calls inquiring how to do it...so we decided to make a video to make it easy. :smirk:

...Eric

ttr125002.jpgcoil.jpg