HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike546

Hour Meters

29 posts in this topic

The GYTR programmer will tell you running time/hours on the '10 YZ450 so if your getting a programmer for the '10 you really don't need an hour meter.

I watch it to change the oil every three hours. I also check it before I go to the track, that way when my buddies say we rode for 4 hours I can show them it was only an hour and a half.

Thats a good deal for a hour meter. Also I bought a hour meter mount off ebay for $12 that make install of it really nice.

If it wasnt below zero id get a picture.

Just installed mine on my 09 YZ450f. I use the ones right from Yamaha. It has Hours and Tach. The coil is extra in case I have to pull the plug. Here is a pic.

PC136547.jpg

Where are you guys mounting the meter and how?

I have mounted all of mine the same way, because there is no drilling into the frame, which I think is just stupid, and its free floating and easy to remove. Here is the pic.

PC136558.jpg

I have mounted all of mine the same way, because there is no drilling into the frame, which I think is just stupid, and its free floating and easy to remove. Here is the pic.

PC136558.jpg

rightview.jpg

i just bought one off ebay,thanks mike.

I ordered mine on the 12th and it came today, thats fast shipping and free too.

I use a SenDec meter, from Dr.D with their mount that goes under the stem nut. No drilling or tape needed. Works well and is out of the way but still easily viewable.

Bill

I don't want to see it if don't want to, that's whey I like it on the side and out of the way. Just my preference.:moon:

My favorite place for an hour meter is in the air box. Since the air filter needs attention after every ride, it gets looked at often enough, is way out of the way, and has somewhere safe to go if it should ever fall off.

are the hour meters really that important i am thinking of getting one

Depends on how anal you are about your maintnence. I never used on my past bikes, but they were all bought used(the 4strokes were all used at least). I did just get one for my left-over '08 as it's the first new 4stroke I've owned so, it would be silly not to have one.

are the hour meters really that important i am thinking of getting one

I will never run a bike without one. It's amazing how much time you rack up on the engine. I change my engine oil after break in, usually one 20 min, drain, install magnetic oil plug and filter, then every 3 hours. Always works for me. Hour meters are one of the most important components of a racing machine. You need to get one.:moon: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

if i changed my sons bikes oil every 3 hrs thats ill i would do.i change every 10 and filter every other time.i use amsoil 10w 40 motorcycle oil.

if i changed my sons bikes oil every 3 hrs thats ill i would do.i change every 10 and filter every other time.i use amsoil 10w 40 motorcycle oil.

Well I'm an old fartTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!:moon: Really I do run my bike very very hard and cant imagine running it more than that. The point is that hour meter keeps track.