Faulty tire? See photo

Try the Dunlop MX51 - great tire seems to wear better for me than 756 too.

Try the Dunlop MX51 - great tire seems to wear better for me than 756 too.

Does it wear faster than a MH3? I know the MH3 are pretty indestructible too.

Sorry - don't know - I was comparing to 756, not sure about MH3.

MX51 is the best rear I have ever used for what it is worth - but I have been predominantly a Dunlop guy.

This is a relatively new Maxxis SI front that I put on my 2002 YZ426 a couple month ago. I check the pressure regularly and I'm positive that it has never dipped below 11psi and only ridden at the track. Has anybody had similar wear/failures before? With the cost of new tires, I'm wondering if I should pursue a warranty replacement (unless it's my fault).

tirephoto.jpg

common when using soft compound on hard

Hard to know what to use though. The track's condition varies so much from sand/silt, to mud, to loose groomed straights and soft berms. Probably best to run something in the intermediate realm.

This is a relatively new Maxxis SI front that I put on my 2002 YZ426 a couple month ago. I check the pressure regularly and I'm positive that it has never dipped below 11psi and only ridden at the track. Has anybody had similar wear/failures before? With the cost of new tires, I'm wondering if I should pursue a warranty replacement (unless it's my fault).

tirephoto.jpg

I'm surprised it's not in worse condition...... my buddy had the SI on the rear and had took most of the knobs off first ride.

We ride harder terrain though, which is how he ripped off every single knob on one side of his tire while flying around a corner. :moon: