2009 yz450 Drive Chain

Is the drive chain on the 2009 bette....Does it have better wear,stretching....

Chains don't 'stretch'; the 'wear' you mention increases the tolerances between the pins and bushings, causing an apparent increase in effective link-to-link length.

Thanks for the info. I have a DID 520V O-ring that I wiil put on and see how it works out

I have used DID o-ring chains in the past and can get two seasons out of one in all types of riding.

I have used DID o-ring chains in the past and can get two seasons out of one in all types of riding.

DID, like most companies, makes chains at all quality levels. The POS that came on the '06-'08 was a DID.

My current Regina ORN6 on my '06 is over two years of desert racing old now, and still isn't longer than the wear limit. I'm going to replace it soon because of wear on the plate edges and stiffening. Owing to this chain, the OEM sprockets are still in place on the bike as well. :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...
I went with did chain and it hasnt lasted. where do you get the regina chains?
The TT Store sells the ORN6 under the MSR/Regina brand name. They also sell the upgrade ORS chain.
What Sprockets are a good replacement also?
Tag and AFAM are high quality aluminum rears. Steel sprockets last longer, but when the chain doesn't stretch, a good aluminum rear will last a long time. As far as fronts go, avoid the cheapest ones, but don't waste money on the most expensive, either.

How wide is "too wide"?

I all due respect, too wide would be too wide to go through the chain guide. Some of the big "o" ring chains are to wide and won't fit through the chain guide. Is the reason I originally went to the did 520VT with compression master, because the profile was more narrow.

Name one? Nebulous statements like that which lack any quantification are not particularly helpful. Neither the Regina ORN6 at 20.4mm nor the ORS6 at 21.2mm are too wide.

I may be wrong. I thought th ek520srx or the ek520mvxz were too wide.

I have also heard of people trying to use the Regina 530 series chain too. Isn't this too wide?

Again I may be wrong.

I may be wrong. I thought th ek520srx or the ek520mvxz were too wide.

I have also heard of people trying to use the Regina 530 series chain too. Isn't this too wide?

Again I may be wrong.

The EK may be. Their specs aren't posted on their site.

But anyone who tries to use any 530 chain on a bike that clearly calls for a 520 deserves to have it not fit. The inner width of a 530 is .125" (3.2mm) wider for use on thicker sprockets.