Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrlopez

Will a 06 YZF Exaust Cam fit a 00 WR400?

12 posts in this topic

Just wonder if anyone can help answer if the exaust cam from a 06 yzf would fit on my 00 wr400, just mainly to make it easier to start it

in this link is a few threads on that.... the top three mostly.. i think it is an 03 cam, not sure on that...

the 450 cam has to be timed correctly where as the hot cam ad ex cam times the same as the oe cam.. the 450 cam used to be cheaper than the HC, but is not anymore. I did the hot cam ex only in my yz400. lots better... no lever, will bump start. and mine was not hard to start before, once i learned the drill....

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447989

Yeah I know the 03 will fit for sure but there's one from a 06 yzf that I can buy but not sure if it would work, I know what's the procedure to start it up but when I try my friends 03 I was man that's like kicking a little mini bike lol

yep.... my 400 was alot better with the hc... plus the fact it would bump start was a bonus also...

i will do some diggin on the 06 cam.. i have read something on that.

my 06 wr is way easy to kick, but why when the button is there.

You wrote "YZF". Did you mean the cam from the YZF450 Quad engine?

If so, it will also fit, and you will get the auto decompression feature from it, but no particular performance boost. It would be quite similar to the results you'd get from using an '03-'06 WR450 cam rather than a YZ450 cam.

You wrote "YZF". Did you mean the cam from the YZF450 Quad engine?

If so, it will also fit, and you will get the auto decompression feature from it, but no particular performance boost. It would be quite similar to the results you'd get from using an '03-'06 WR450 cam rather than a YZ450 cam.

i keep forgetting about quads...... thanks gray...

Yeah, you gotta watch that one. They'll slip it past you every time.

that's why you make the big bucks $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ok all it says it's YFZ450, 2006 exaust cam, yeah I forgot about the quads also, so would it still work? And yeah not looking for performance just to make it easier to start it up since I made it street legal

Yes, it will work. Remember that you won't be able to use the timing marks on the cam as you would the stock ones. Time it per the links posted in the thread Jay linked to.