HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
katoom08

2010 YZ450F Color

13 posts in this topic

In the U.S. Only the White model comes with Black Wheels. If it were not for the black wheels would you still want the White one? I am kind of partial to the nostalgic Blue however, I really want the Black wheels. After dropping that kind of $$ for the bike I hate to spend a couple of Grand on wheels.

Katoom

Black wheels look good for about two months, then the black wears off the edges, and they get all nicked up from rocks. Silver>black.

im with the OP on it. love the blue but those black wheels are sick. either way its a sweet ride! im gona be puttin money down on one this week. the 2 dealers around here are still waiting on getting theres.

Couple grand on wheels?...the white one only has black excel rings with standard hubs correct?($100+\- a piece + relacing if you can't do it yourself)

I hear you talkin bendover. If I were going to buy new wheels I would have to go for the Blue Talon hubs, Stainless Spokes and Blue Nipples etc. I would get out of control and end up spending the big $$.

Well, buy the white one and replace the white plastic with blue. Would be about $100 to $150 or so with new graphics and you could keep the shiney white plastic for when you sell it.

I hear you talkin bendover. If I were going to buy new wheels I would have to go for the Blue Talon hubs, Stainless Spokes and Blue Nipples etc. I would get out of control and end up spending the big $$.

You wanna talke spendy then get the excel hubs. . .

Well, buy the white one and replace the white plastic with blue. Would be about $100 to $150 or so with new graphics and you could keep the shiney white plastic for when you sell it.

I thought about doing that untill I priced out the plastic, $450 for everything minus the seat cover. You could easily buy the black excels for that kind of money.

I have black rims and black hubs. They look awesome new but the rims do not last long as they get nicked up and tire changes are brutle on them....I wish the stock hubs were blue or black with silver rims

Is the blue plastic still suffering from the white "creasing" they once did?

It's gotten better, but if it actually creases, it still does. Takes a lot more of a hard fold-over to whiten it than it used to.

It can still be cured with a hair dryer, too.