2010 White YZ450 Backgrounds

photo.jpg

I got them from decal works... Super series!

I rode the bike for the first time today! I LOVE IT! I do however wish that the decals only covered the white portion of the side plates... After one day of riding the right side plate decals are starting to get messed up from my boot. They extend too far into the area where your boots rub the bike. I will post a pic of the decal that is now messed up tomorrow!

[ATTACH]12492[/ATTACH]

I got them from decal works... Super series!

I rode the bike for the first time today! I LOVE IT! I do however wish that the decals only covered the white portion of the side plates... After one day of riding the right side plate decals are starting to get messed up from my boot. They extend too far into the area where your boots rub the bike. I will post a pic of the decal that is now messed up tomorrow!

When i get my 2010 model I'm useing decal works T-7 series. Just wondering what method you used to put yours on and if it was any harder to do on those new designed plastic's or the same as previous year models.

I hate doing the side panels sometimes cause of the curve's in them. The 2010 shrouds look like they wont be so bad though. Have to wait and see

Anyone thought about sanding down the textured plastic so its smooth to apply graphics too?Was thinking it might be a solution...

I talked to Decal works and they said you could see the texture through the graphics slightly, but it seemed to make them adhere beter with the texture. I ordered the t-7 full kit with backgrounds in silver, black, and red.

they stick fine on the black stuff. use a heat gun. and he exhaust side on the 2010 is one of the hardest to put graphics on that ive done.

they stick fine on the black stuff. use a heat gun. and he exhaust side on the 2010 is one of the hardest to put graphics on that ive done.

Try doing a crf50...The 2010 yz450 is easy compared to it.haha..Soo hard to do for such a little bike.

Call Decal works and have them custom made...

You are absolutely right... The exhaust side was also the toughest one ever! Where as the other side was one of the easiest ones. And yes it sticks fine to the black stuff and no you can't see the texture through it. I applied with the decal works applicator spray but had to finish the exhaust side with a hair dryer to get the wrinkles out.

I did check what Decalworks and they will do the small numbered sidepanals. You have to do them over the phone, but no problem.

I did check what Decalworks and they will do the small numbered sidepanals. You have to do them over the phone, but no problem.

Good! I will probably reorder them in the small version!

T7Yamaha1-blue.jpg

Just picked up my bike at noon. Ran home and put the backgrounds on her. The exhaust side was the worst of the 10 bikes I have owned, had to make a few cuts in it. It's 18 degrees outside and the bike wont start. :moon:

DSC_1819.jpg

DSC_1821.jpg

DSC_1825.jpg

Just picked up my bike at noon. Ran home and put the backgrounds on her. The exhaust side was the worst of the 10 bikes I have owned, had to make a few cuts in it. It's 18 degrees outside and the bike wont start. :moon:

DSC_1819.jpg

DSC_1821.jpg

DSC_1825.jpg

Nice looking bike! Who made the backrounds?

I had a hard time starting mine the first time. Kicked it for about 5 minutes. Then I looked in the manual and it said if it is hard to start, hold the throttle wide open while kicking it over slowly 10-20 times. I did it 15 times and then it started right up.

Backgrounds look good. I just got mine from decal works. Then I ordered the full kit from them as well, so I am waiting to get the kit so I can put them all on at once. Can't wait.

Nice looking bike! Who made the backrounds?

Thanks, they are the decal works T-6, I tried to match the red, silver and black on the tank. The colors are pretty close.

I had a hard time starting mine the first time. Kicked it for about 5 minutes. Then I looked in the manual and it said if it is hard to start, hold the throttle wide open while kicking it over slowly 10-20 times. I did it 15 times and then it started right up.

Backgrounds look good. I just got mine from decal works. Then I ordered the full kit from them as well, so I am waiting to get the kit so I can put them all on at once. Can't wait.

I just read that the in the manual. I'll try it tomorrow when I get home from work, it's suppose to warm up to 32 degrees.

I just ordered mine from decals works today also. I ordered the T-7's :moon: Now if my bike would just hurry up and come in. Said it should be here in janurary :cheers:

Why the black backgrounds?

Why the black backgrounds?

Our districts run black for novice, yellow for am and white for expert.