HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tim507

First Ride 2010 YZ

4 posts in this topic

Rode my 2010 for the 1st time today and it is not heavy!!!. It rolls lightly, feels light and rides lightly.

To keep it light I have a lever stand and thus I do not need to break my back to pick up the rear portion of 245 #'s or whatever it weights:busted::banghead:

It is also very narrow and easy to move around on.

This is a for sure.....this is one nice bike. I am 57 and I am a bit of a has been (was a 70's Pro and a 80's Vet Pro and a fairly good over 40 rider....however the last 7 years I have spent building my business)...thus I ride with great respect for such a powerful bike. I am not ready to launch big arse jumps yet and more than likely will stick to doable doubles, however I launched the bike into some situations (knowing full well what I was doing) to see what would happen. (Testing) The suspension took the hit very nicely and thus programming my ole brain with some confidence if I create an error or a fock_p:thumbsup:

For me:

The bike needs a 50 tooth rear. (No I have no affiliation with MXA) Then I can make 3rd gear my work horse gear.

I need 1/2" lower pegs. I'm a short shit with a 33" inseam thus I find a fair amount torso weight to high.

Might also raise the bars a 1/2" so I can stand more and not feel hunched over.

I centered the valving front and rear, found center (thanks for the advice from another 2009 Yamadog rider:thumbsup:) then backed it off 4 from center. this helped a lot, now I just need to slowly get back up to speed to make the suspension work the way it was designed. I doubt I will send it off at all if ever.

Any way it is now dirty and in need of some work. But that needs to wait as I owe.. I owe ...so it is off to work I go........

Tim

So how much do ya weigh? the reason i ask is cause I'm waiting on mine to come in and I weigh 175lbs and was wondering if the stock springs and fork would be ok for me.

Did you seem to think the bottom end had a big hit to it?

With gear I am about 180 #'s.

Does it have a big hit on the bottom...My thought is no, it is just a solid amount of power right now, no lag or surprise, but definitly very strong. It is easy to raise the front under acceleration.

Well thanks for the input. I may not have to get the suspension and forks revalved. since you seem to think it is pretty good the way it is stock.