Why did you choose the YZ450?

I have had 3 250F's and I took a 5 year break from dirt riding and I about two months ago I wanted anther 250F so I went to my local dealer and told them I wanted a 250F and asked if thay had any 09s left (Im cheap) and they had one but they offered me an 08 YZ 450F for $4280. OTD!!!! No brainer!!! After the first ride I wish I had bought a 450 years ago!!!

I had an 01 WR 250 rode the crap out of the bike - 250 hrs later went to a 05 RMZ 250, i was not happy, quality was not quite there I put 100 hrs on it, I went back to yamaha, to the 07 YZ 450. For 20 extra lbs and 20 more HP. i have never been so much happier.

I just blew up my 250 2 stroke, and i feel its time to move to a thumper 450. I can go so much faster its STUPID. Just plain ludacris speed when im on a 450. So i decided im finally gonna buy one. Imma get an 06 and up yz450f, because of the following reasons...

Its blue

The suspension is REDICULAS

I like the way it looks

Reliability

And this is what is came down too..

I can get a kawi much cheaper, and it really was a toss up between the 2, couldnt make up my mind. Rode the kawi,and oo man, did i like it.. but i realized a problem.. It only had 4 gears. And thats why im goin blue. I need that 5th gear where i live, ill get smoked without it. So ride on! :banghead:

I had an 01 WR 250 rode the crap out of the bike - 250 hrs later went to a 05 RMZ 250, i was not happy, quality was not quite there I put 100 hrs on it, I went back to yamaha, to the 07 YZ 450. For 20 extra lbs and 20 more HP. i have never been so much happier.

ya the kawasuzki kxmz was the biggest peice of crap 250f ever made! what were kawasaki/suzuki thinking, i geuss they thought they were making a moped

first was reliability as im not a pro.

the crf and rmz felt to small for me !, and they are more suitable for track racing then enduro.

yz= best all around bike.

I bought the yami because I read it handled great and I was not happy with the turning of my 04 honda....I was very disappointed when I took my first ride on the YZ my 01426 turned better.I am happy with the suspension and reliability but this bike slowed me down on certain tracks.

Everyone keeps raving about the stock suspension. I am the right weight for the springs and have my sag set at 100mm other than that what are you guys running as far as settings? I hate my stock suspension!!!!!!!

I bought the yami because I read it handled great and I was not happy with the turning of my 04 honda....I was very disappointed when I took my first ride on the YZ my 01426 turned better.I am happy with the suspension and reliability but this bike slowed me down on certain tracks.

ya they turn like a top fuel dragster my buddy has a 06 and i had it for 2 months when my bike was down and he was hurt the suspension was great power kinda was slugish low but good mid 2 top it just didnt want to turn no matter what speed or type of corner or dirt it was wanted to stand up in tight corners or push in flat corners even high speed sweepers

I previously owned an 01 426 bought it brand new because I wanted race bike performance and 4 stroke reliability. Then I sold it to upgrade to a boat two years later went by and I bought an 04 its a great bike but getting tired. I just purchased an 08 it handles well and I like the high speed stability of YZf's. What I don't get is why everyone loves the stock suspension. Its garbage compared to my Enzo work 04 YZf. Needless to say my 08 does everything else better and I am looking into suspension work!
Everyone keeps raving about the stock suspension. I am the right weight for the springs and have my sag set at 100mm other than that what are you guys running as far as settings? I hate my stock suspension!!!!!!!

If you're off roading this YZ and not track riding it - go see Les at LT Racing in Port Orchard. Great work and customer service. He's the NW woods tuning man. He tuned my 07 KYBs very well despite his focus on the Euro bikes. When I was there he had almost 50% KYBs in the shop. Now that Husky is using the same fork he gets more. :banghead:

I do a little of both. My 04 had Enzo suspension on it which was amazing I thought the new bike would at least be comparable to that not 5 steps behind. Thanks for the info I am still gonna try some stuff tomorrow and see how it works out.

I got my 450 because after having an 00 426 for 6 years, I was really happy with every aspect of the bike. Yamaha's have always treated me well, and I had a really awesome dealer at the time (I have since moved) so red, yellow, and green weren't even a consideration for me. Still wish I had kept the 426 sometimes, but my 450 is a great scooter.

So I was wondering...what made all of you guys want a YZ450?

I wanted one because of the reliability, smooth power delivery, the torque curve, and I feel more "planted" than on a two stroke.

If you want reliability get a honda. If you wanna win the race by a 2010 yz 450. GO WHITE.
If you want reliability get a honda.

Fascinating...

mr_spock_2.jpg

If you want reliability get a honda.

:cheers: yeah, because everyone know the YZF's have far more issues than CRF's :banghead:

Fascinating...

mr_spock_2.jpg

ya that sure is! i had 05/07 crf450s worst thing i ever bought reliabilaty was horrible! valves, valves,and more valves! they eat'em like a horse eats grass....none stop! i sold the 07 2 months later it had already ate a set and i had them checked and adjusted every week...had to on the 05 it was rediculous,07 was a lil better but not much,yamaha is the definition of reliabilaty....ktms pretty good,kawasakis not bad now,but honda & suzuki...eat motors, i dont know witch was worse the 06 rmz i had wouldnt stay running for more than 3 months, my 09 kx is still on stock piston & valves with 60 hrs. of hard riding on it

got my 07 for

1. reliability

2. price

3. part interchange from my 01 426

If you want reliability get a honda. If you wanna win the race by a 2010 yz 450. GO WHITE.

Ya, them Honda's sure done did figure out that reliability thing. They figured it out with XRs back in the day and it carried all the way forward to today. They good that way. :banghead: