What do you think the 2010's price will be in the spring

For those of you who think there is $2-3k mark up on these products just go ahead and jump on the other side of the fence, open a dealership and make millions. Your jaw will drop when you see the slim margins you have to work with to pay for the millions in overhead you have spent. I know I work at a different kind of dealership than many of you get to deal with. We are in the middle of Kansas we don't have an endless pool of customers to work with so we are probably more reasonable than some. As far as the prices on these bikes they are an amazing bike I bought the first one we got in and if you get a chance to twist the throttle on one of these I'm sure you won't think twice either but you won't be seeing huge factory incentives to get rid of them. In the past the japs(Honda) have forced product down the dealers throat thinking as long as their warehouse was empty they didn't care but when they had to come out with huge incentives to clear floors so dealers would order again it stung their pocket a bit so they took a look around. They have learned a lesson as of recent from their pears(aka Polaris, and I know Im going to get crap for this but they have remained successful as have most of their dealers through the downturn) they have learned even if the customer has to wait a little bit if you keep supply just under demand it creates a hunger in the customer(aka builds value) therefor customers will pay a reasonable price, dealers make a little, are able to remain in business, be loyal and true to their customers and it creates a stronger bond between everybody. So as far as prices of these bikes you won't ever in the future see the kind of factory incentives we have seen as of late these bikes will become more prevalent in the spring but you won't see the factories giving them away. They are an awesome bike.

props to the comment that profit isn't a dirty word. without profit doors close!

For those of you who think there is $2-3k mark up on these products just go ahead and jump on the other side of the fence, open a dealership and make millions. Your jaw will drop when you see the slim margins you have to work with

Really...Wow, having insight to the actually cost to a dealer, I'd have to strongly disagree with you. You are saying what most dealers say. Is this so we feel sorry for you perhaps?

Not sure, but at MSRP, the margin is quite nice actually. Anything above is REALLY nice for the salesman. I mean, really nice. Price Gouging is occurring at a pretty ridiculous rate at the moment. Not gonna buy your incorrect statements.

But who sells for MSRP?? Everbody is 5% off at least out here on availble units and msrp at most! I'll agree some places price gouge on new items like this but if that bothers you don't deal with them. Its plain and simple if your concerned about bein the cool guy with the newest toy you deserve to pay a premium for being dumb but if you are an enthusiast and a loyal customer to a dealer they won't do that to you.

For those of you who think there is $2-3k mark up on these products just go ahead and jump on the other side of the fence, open a dealership and make millions. Your jaw will drop when you see the slim margins you have to work with to pay for the millions in overhead you have spent. I know I work at a different kind of dealership than many of you get to deal with. We are in the middle of Kansas we don't have an endless pool of customers to work with so we are probably more reasonable than some. As far as the prices on these bikes they are an amazing bike I bought the first one we got in and if you get a chance to twist the throttle on one of these I'm sure you won't think twice either but you won't be seeing huge factory incentives to get rid of them. In the past the japs(Honda) have forced product down the dealers throat thinking as long as their warehouse was empty they didn't care but when they had to come out with huge incentives to clear floors so dealers would order again it stung their pocket a bit so they took a look around. They have learned a lesson as of recent from their pears(aka Polaris, and I know Im going to get crap for this but they have remained successful as have most of their dealers through the downturn) they have learned even if the customer has to wait a little bit if you keep supply just under demand it creates a hunger in the customer(aka builds value) therefor customers will pay a reasonable price, dealers make a little, are able to remain in business, be loyal and true to their customers and it creates a stronger bond between everybody. So as far as prices of these bikes you won't ever in the future see the kind of factory incentives we have seen as of late these bikes will become more prevalent in the spring but you won't see the factories giving them away. They are an awesome bike.

props to the comment that profit isn't a dirty word. without profit doors close!

So what finance offers is there on the 2010 450????

Yamaha is only offering 9.99% but we have a local bank that is doing 5.9% for 60 w.a.c. of course. Check with your local bank but most are doing new vehicles around 6% not sure why Yamaha(GE, HSBC) is so high.

I bought the first one we got in

Letting an employee buy the first one should be illegal! :banghead::cheers::worthy::ride:

couldnt agree more was a general mananger for 15 years and at 7990 there is not even a 1000 dollars in this bike . Anybody who wants to differ should go open a dealer them selves and then watch there buddy drive out of state to save the tax even when you told him 100 dollars over cost.
Really...Wow, having insight to the actually cost to a dealer, I'd have to strongly disagree with you. You are saying what most dealers say. Is this so we feel sorry for you perhaps?

Not sure, but at MSRP, the margin is quite nice actually. Anything above is REALLY nice for the salesman. I mean, really nice. Price Gouging is occurring at a pretty ridiculous rate at the moment. Not gonna buy your incorrect statements.

you really should get a clue before you post.

couldnt agree more was a general mananger for 15 years and at 7990 there is not even a 1000 dollars in this bike . Anybody who wants to differ should go open a dealer them selves and then watch there buddy drive out of state to save the tax even when you told him 100 dollars over cost.

You are right...I think $999.99 is more like it :banghead:

Letting an employee buy the first one should be illegal! :banghead::cheers::worthy::ride:

Dang it devo! I was gonna suprise you guys! you have got to ride this machine. I said I was gonna wait but as soon as I fired it up I had to have it... sorry!

When I worked for a dealer, the MSRP was only about 17% over cost. Try to run ANY business at a 17% margin....you can't do it. Dealers don't make their money from new bikes.

Dang it devo! I was gonna suprise you guys! you have got to ride this machine. I said I was gonna wait but as soon as I fired it up I had to have it... sorry!

So,,,, what color was my new bike?

I think it will be just like the 09 R1 it was in march when it came out

as the year went on it was not as good as the rest and thus the price dropped now you can get one for under 10000 out the door over 2000 off of retail my.02

So,,,, what color was my new bike?

It was white so I didn't figure you would want it anyway :banghead: