What happened to gasgasrider????

Thanks Kelly for pointing me over here...

I host the gasgasrider.org website and forum from a server "in my garage". It has worked well for the last 6-7 years - but the setup is getting a little old...

I had a power outage and the UPS malfunctioned - it fried the power supply and the mother board. The power supply is replaced and I am waiting on a replacement mother board.

It should be back up late saturday or late monday - depending on when the replacement mother board arrives.

After I get it up and running again, I will probably move it off onto a commercial web hosting place - I don't have the money to upgrade the server right now and I think it is near end of life...

jeff

I host the gasgasrider.org website and forum from a server "in my garage". It has worked well for the last 6-7 years - but the setup is getting a little old...

I had a power outage and the UPS malfunctioned - it fried the power supply and the mother board. The power supply is replaced and I am waiting on a replacement mother board.

It should be back up late saturday or late monday - depending on when the replacement mother board arrives.

After I get it up and running again, I will probably move it off onto a commercial web hosting place - I don't have the money to upgrade the server right now and I think it is near end of life...

jeff

Saturday you should be riding with us. :banghead:

jeff

I'm impressed running it out for your garage! :banghead:

Must be doing something right because that is a pretty snappy forum.

• 6 years later...

Down? Gone? Dead?

traceroute on gasgasrider.org resolves to Comcast in Eugene OR which seems about right. However I've been getting ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT for days from home and work. So the actual forum software seems down at a minimum.

Down? Gone? Dead?

traceroute on gasgasrider.org resolves to Comcast in Eugene OR which seems about right. However I've been getting ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT for days from home and work. So the actual forum software seems down at a minimum.

Nothing works in Eugene, that's the charm of the place. Hemp Macrame Curtain Capital of the World!
  • Like 1

Thanks Kelly - sorry I missed riding with you today. I want to ride your new scooter! ;-)

The GasGas Riders Club website is now back up and running.

Hopefully the new system configuration will burn in before it "burns out"...

Thanks,

Jeff

I still cannot get on