lower foot pegs for taller rider

Does anyone know any parts or manufacturers that make a footpeg that is lower for taller riders? I am 6'2" and feel a little cramped. I bought taler bars, but was also told you can lower foot pegs a little. I have no idea how to, so if you do, let me know.

Does anyone know any parts or manufacturers that make a footpeg that is lower for taller riders? I am 6'2" and feel a little cramped. I bought taler bars, but was also told you can lower foot pegs a little. I have no idea how to, so if you do, let me know.

http://www.imsproducts.com/ for pegs

www.gutsracing.com for taller seat kits

The Fastway pegs are the ticket. Easily the best system. Put the short cleats on it in the low position. You can angle them "in" toward the bike, which really helps control the bike with your knee's and legs. Raced Enduros for 6 years with them and never had an issue with them being too low. Just keep those toes up.

I'm 6'2" 250lbs and use fastway footpegs in the low position. I had to countersink the lower mounting holes and manufacture the cap screws. I understand that fastway will sell you the capscrews now. I also use the tall Guts seat but had to build up the back of it, easly done. I am using the Scotts under the bars mount which raises the bars which are CR High bend. It all works great for me. I'm on a '08' WR, Good luck.

I'm 6'2" 250lbs and use fastway footpegs in the low position. I had to countersink the lower mounting holes and manufacture the cap screws. I understand that fastway will sell you the capscrews now. I also use the tall Guts seat but had to build up the back of it, easly done. I am using the Scotts under the bars mount which raises the bars which are CR High bend. It all works great for me. I'm on a '08' WR, Good luck.

Prior them offering the cap screws, you can grind the screws down that screw into the peg which willl level them off.

I'm 6,2 with size 13 boots. Lowered pegs are the way to go. Never hurt my foot. At 6,2 you only need the lowered pegs. Taller seat will raise your center of gravity.

I race and ride hard... (my opinion and my friends may say otherwise:smirk:)

Anyway I can post x-rays and surgery bills from my feet getting whacked many times... 07 and up already has reduced ground clearance... I can't believe ANYONE would want lower pegs... but it's just my opinion and ergonomics are important:ride:

I am 6'3" with size 12 boot and I would be scared to lower my feet more than they already are...

Broken toes and feet suck:busted:

I have the GUTS racing tall seat and the BRP sub mount riser kit with OEM bars pretty happy with the ergos:thumbsup:

I'm with you on this one. The 07 drags it's footpegs way easier than my 99's do. Part of the problem, I'm sure, is the reduced ground clearance when compared to the 99's. The 07 looks almost toylike when parked next to my 99.

The Fastway pegs are the ticket. Easily the best system. Put the short cleats on it in the low position. You can angle them "in" toward the bike, which really helps control the bike with your knee's and legs. Raced Enduros for 6 years with them and never had an issue with them being too low. Just keep those toes up.

x2!

I have these and love the hell out of them!

Well I tried to get that answered before. IM 6' 7" and on my 04 wr I cut the stock pegs (the nipple on the bottom of the peg), put the nipple on the top of the ped and reversed the springs and it lowered the pegs B/T 1/4 and a 1/2 inch. Has anyone done it on an 07-09. The pegs appears to be the same design as my 04.

Edited by speedracerlb

Funny you say that speedy, I was eyeballing my stock pegs on my 06 today thinking that I could somehow flip the mount and reverse the springs to accomplish this. I had great success with the Fastways, but they aren't cheap and I'm not really worried about the pegs anyway. If it is free and simple to do, then I would do it.

• 2 weeks later...