New head or motor?

Does anyone know anywhere i might find a low hour motor or head for my 07? I was going to rebuild it, but the price out weighs the value at this point. Its cheaper to probably just buy a used motor. Its for an 07. I'm looking to spend about $1200.

The complete rebuild would cost about $1500 since it needs a head..

The PO beat the piss out of it. No maintenance policy, proceeded to take it through a water crossing or mud hole and then decided it would be a good idea to burn the rest of the back tire off to clean the water out of the motor. The rear tire is gone literally burnt off on pavement. The problem that caused the catastrophic failure was its timing chain. It was the weakest link in the equation. Its hard to say if it was because of the shitty oil and high rpms or if the chain was kinked and binding to begin with. This bike is an abnormal scenario, but i have seen a handful of these chain issues on well maintained bikes. They are bullet proof and in fact if the timing chain replacement was part of the scheduled maintenance I dont think you would ever see them grenading.

The PO beat the piss out of it. No maintenance policy, proceeded to take it through a water crossing or mud hole and then decided it would be a good idea to burn the rest of the back tire off to clean the water out of the motor. The rear tire is gone literally burnt off on pavement.

just 1 step away for child abuse :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...
The PO beat the piss out of it. No maintenance policy, proceeded to take it through a water crossing or mud hole and then decided it would be a good idea to burn the rest of the back tire off to clean the water out of the motor. The rear tire is gone literally burnt off on pavement. The problem that caused the catastrophic failure was its timing chain. It was the weakest link in the equation. Its hard to say if it was because of the shitty oil and high rpms or if the chain was kinked and binding to begin with. This bike is an abnormal scenario, but i have seen a handful of these chain issues on well maintained bikes. They are bullet proof and in fact if the timing chain replacement was part of the scheduled maintenance I dont think you would ever see them grenading.

We are rebuilding a basket case we bought caused by a cam seizing in the head triggering timing chain failure. Engine dynamics is repairing it for us reasonably.

Hey guys thanks for the help. I found one on Craigslist for $1500 drove out and picked it up today for $1200. Its a cherry too. 2008 and clean as a whistle, came with all the cdi wires and coil.. Its never seen a race, (supposedly)backyard ridden, valves all in spec. The exhaust port is hardly carbon charred. The only problem is the black paint is scuffed off the side covers a little. Its getting a timing chain and that's it for now.

Anyone ever try to powder coat them black?