Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PJ242

Whats Sprocket Sizes you running on you 03-05 yz450f

17 posts in this topic

Just like the titles says. What are you guys running on the 03-05 450's sprocket wise and what kind of riding are you doing with that set up?

'04 woods....running stock gearing now but have be thinking about going down to a 13 front

When I had my '03, I ran a 15/49 in the desert. During the warmer months, I would switch to 14/49 for MX tracks and trail riding in the mountains.

Seems like every 1 is just around stock. I do a lot of Hill climbing,woods riding and MX track like twice a month. I'm on stock gear and was leaning torwards goin down a tooth in the front but I dont know yet.

Seems like every 1 is just around stock. I do a lot of Hill climbing,woods riding and MX track like twice a month. I'm on stock gear and was leaning torwards goin down a tooth in the front but I dont know yet.

Can always try it...cheap investment, I need to try it myself so I can quit luggin around in first on tight trails

Can always try it...cheap investment, I need to try it myself so I can quit luggin around in first on tight trails

Yeah, I'm going to buy a -1 front sprocket. Cheap and only take a few mins to change if I dont like.

Yeah, I'm going to buy a -1 front sprocket. Cheap and only take a few mins to change if I dont like.

Well fine then, Im gonna order one too....lol

That's roughly the same as 15/48, and I used to run a 15/49 without much trouble. The problem is very low speeds work, of course, with that tall a low gear, but I used to get along with it OK.

Im running 13-51 just changed it from 13-48 and it is great for tight trails and climbs you have power right there at all times top speed blows but not many places hear to use top gear anyway. If I was smaller under 225 or so I would say 13-49 or 13-50 would be OK but I'm just to big for that gearing if I had a 5 speed is go 12-48

oh okay, thanks. i just dont understand gearing that much. got to ride the clutch in the technical a little bit. soo this is a good set up for getting a better top speed then? for desert riding like baja