HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wondermuscle

Trade....??? 2008 YZ for a AL frame WR

8 posts in this topic

I have an 08 YZ setup for woods and with a few minor changes it becomes a desert race bike. I orginally got this YZ to race in the desert but I shattered my wrist and won't be racing for a while.

I'm looking for a trade.... My YZ for an aluminum frame WR. My YZ has 20hrs on it and is in great shape. It has handguards, heavy flywheel, stabilizer , skid plate , and the suspension valved among some other little stuff.

I know I can buy the WR gears and split the cases, but I'd rather not. I would like lights and don't want a jenky setup for lights....

With a trade I presume I would need to offset the cost difference and I'm ok with that. I would also like to take the forks and shock from my YZ and put them on the WR.

Should I even bother with a trade or should I just pony up and buy a WR, swap what I want from the YZ to the WR and then sell the YZ. I have craigslisted this proposition with no interests. What would you guys do..... Thoughts?

Edited by wondermuscle

Teachable moment:

This post straddles a rules fence. Posts offering to buy, sell, or trade ANYTHING are a breach of posted rules. However, posts seeking advice on whether or not a trade is advisable, what price to ask, how much to pay, etc., are permissible.

To the extent that this thread stays within the theater of seeking and gathering information, I'll leave it here. But I will not allow offers to trade to be made in the forum. Please make any such offers to the OP by PM only.

Thanks

It sounds like a WR would suit your current wants/needs better. Bear in mind the weight is a bit greater. An '07+ model is very much preferable to the steel framed bikes.

What are you looking for out of the bike you settle on? Aside from lights, what esle drives you to want the WR? What makes you want to get rid of the YZ?

Teachable moment:

This post straddles a rules fence. Posts offering to buy, sell, or trade ANYTHING are a breach of posted rules. However, posts seeking advice on whether or not a trade is advisable, what price to ask, how much to pay, etc., are permissible.

To the extent that this thread stays within the theater of seeking and gathering information, I'll leave it here. But I will not allow offers to trade to be made in the forum. Please make any such offers to the OP by PM only.

Thanks

I thought you might say something. I'm just looking for some advice from fellow TT'er. Maybe someone has been in my shoes before. I know the rules regarding what you speak of. I mean no harm Gray.... Thanks for not deleting my post. :banghead:

What are you looking for out of the bike you settle on? Aside from lights, what esle drives you to want the WR? What makes you want to get rid of the YZ?

I won't be riding track for a while as my wrist can't take it. I'll be doing some night rides, single track with road in between, and mostly just cruisin' around till I get back to 100%. I want the transmission but don't want to open up my YZ cases.

The weight of a WR has never bothered me. I have raced them in baja, riden them on single track and have owned them before. I know I don't want a steely, they just don't handle like the AL frames.

Throw a set of 13/55 sprockets at your YZ and have at the trails. If you want to night ride, there are options to cover that too... contact Wiz636 (I think that's his screen name) about his light setup.

Throw a set of 13/55 sprockets at your YZ and have at the trails. If you want to night ride, there are options to cover that too... contact Wiz636 (I think that's his screen name) about his light setup.

That's the gearing I ride when I head into the tight stuff. Unfortunetly, I ride down in baja and we typically have to get on the hwy to get to the good stuff. Thus the YZ really doesn't work.

I don't want to have to carry batteries nor do I want to have to piece a lighting system together.

I think I have made up my own mind. I'm selling my YZ and riding my KTM till the new WR comes out.